Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend GAA

Options
  • 24-07-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

If you play safe this weekend and back Cork, Waterford and Armagh(cos I think Fermanagh blew it last week)10 returns 26.50. Add in Down to win to get 44 and add in Tyrone to get 61.60.

Don't like the Monaghan V Donegal match(they're 21/20 each) nor do I like Limerick and Kildare as I don't know how good either team are, I'd lean towards Limerick if you want to push the boat out.

We did well last weekend so lets try and keep it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

what about backing the 4 qualifiers games to end in a draw - single bets, and that way if at least one match ends in a draw your quids in.
    all closeish games so it a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Looks good to me, OP. Think I would be confident enough to back Limerick though. Wouldn't touch the Donegal - Monaghan match, although tempted by 29 points or under at evens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Boylesports will give you evs on any of the 4 qualifiers or the ulster final finishing in a draw, well worth a pop I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

nhughes evens is a very bad price for one of them 5 games to end in a draw.i worked it out and make it around 13/8 that one of the 5 games ends in a draw and 8/13 that they dont. Now im not saying that your bet wont win but that spoils are offering you a poor price. good luck

k101 wrote: »
    nhughes evens is a very bad price for one of them 5 games to end in a draw.i worked it out and make it around 13/8 that one of the 5 games ends in a draw and 8/13 that they dont. Now im not saying that your bet wont win but that spoils are offering you a poor price. good luck

How'd you figure out 13/8? Five games, say a tenner each on the draw. For the sake of argument we go for the lowest draw odds of 7/1. This comes in and you get eighty back - a return of 3/5 on your stake. Although in fairness if one of the hurling games drew or more than one ends ina draw you'd be laughing if you did individual tenner draw stakes rather than fifty on Boyles offer. Still, hoping for a drawless weekend for my bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

collie this is how i worked it out

donegal v monaghan is 8/1 to be a draw so its 1/8 not to be assuming a fair book

so the odds on there been no draw in the 5 games is

an accum on

don v mon no draw 1/8
    laois v mon no draw 1/9
    lim v kildare no draw 1/9
    tyr v mon no draw 1/12
    arm v fer no draw 1/9

so the 5 of them in an accum actually works out at 4/6 that there wont be a draw so that would make it 6/4 that there will be at least one draw(i said 13/8 above when i was just doing it in my head.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

so much for that - one down - tyrone won, westmeath had 2 sent off within 30seconds only for that the 2 teams were very even.

k101 wrote: »
    collie this is how i worked it out

donegal v monaghan is 8/1 to be a draw so its 1/8 not to be assuming a fair book

so the odds on there been no draw in the 5 games is

an accum on

don v mon no draw 1/8
    laois v mon no draw 1/9
    lim v kildare no draw 1/9
    tyr v mon no draw 1/12
    arm v fer no draw 1/9

so the 5 of them in an accum actually works out at 4/6 that there wont be a draw so that would make it 6/4 that there will be at least one draw(i said 13/8 above when i was just doing it in my head.
    Cheers

Gotcha now. Thought you were referring to whether to back individual stakes or take the evens with Boyles.

And I'd have happily given you a hundred and twelve to one on a Tyrone-Monaghan draw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Paddytheplaster

Hi folks, I placed a bet with boylesports for Down to score first, lead half time and win game. It was a success. Despite hairy moments near the end of the game.
    However, still no sign of my winnings and my bet is still open on my account. I did something similiar with Cork V Clare today and lost. And of course they were quick to mark that as a 'Lost' bet straight away.
    I've contacted Customer Services and agent said I have a winning bet with Down V Laois, "winnings should be added in next few minutes"........... thats five hours ago and nearly 24hrs after the Down game.

Anyone else have problems with Boylesports paying over the winnings. Seems bad customer service.

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Only recently opened a Boylesports account thanks to their fairly good bonus scheme and found no problems with them updating the account for wins which is more then I can say for Paddypower.

Limerick let me down for a big accumalator but got in on Cork, Waterford, Armagh and Tyrone as per my original post. Sorry I didn't include Down in the end for an extra few quid.

To get back to the question about even money being a decent bet for any game to win over a weeked I just thought it was handier to back that rather down outlaying 10 or 20 euro on every game thus holding up valuable betting capital and having to hang on for the entire weekend to get a return. It would have been handier just to stick a score on at evs and forget about it. In the end there was no draws anyway so would have lost in any case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

This weekend am going for Fermanagh 8/11 Tyrone 4/7 Tipp 4/9 Kilkenny 2/5 accum
    The hurling on next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Right lads feeling good again for this weekend. Betfair account back ope. Looking at Down -2 on Paddy 10/11 v Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

will1977 wrote: »
    This weekend am going for Fermanagh 8/11 Tyrone 4/7 Tipp 4/9 Kilkenny 2/5 accum
    The hurling on next weekend.

Danger: Can Tipp really keep on going?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

I actually fancy Tipp to win the All-Ireland !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Wiped out again. Down did not get off the bus, disgraceful. Luckily though as Kerry fan, did the business.

Advertisement