Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 17

Options
  • 24-07-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday, July 25
    Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG, 7.40pm AEST (10.40GMT)

Saturday, July 26
    Essendon v Collingwood at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST (5.10GMT) Setanta Sports 1, 5AM
    West Coast Eagles v St Kilda at Subiaco Oval, 2.10pm AWST (7.10GMT)
    Richmond v Brisbane Lions at Telstra Dome, 7.10pm AEST (10.10GMT)
    Sydney Swans v Adelaide at the SCG, 7.10pm AEST (10.10GMT) Setanta Sports 2, 10AM

Sunday, July 27
    Port Adelaide v Fremantle at AAMI Stadium, 12.40pm ACST (4.10GMT)
    Melbourne v North Melbourne at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST (5.10GMT)
    Western Bulldogs v Carlton at Telstra Dome, 4.40pm AEST (7.40GMT) Setanta Sports 2, 7AM

Highlights on Monday evening, Setants Sports 2 at 6pm, TG4 Wednesday evening at 11pm and check Eurosport UK for games during the week.

Hawthorn v Geelong : Cats
    Essendon v Collingwood : pies
    West Coast v St Kilda : Saints
    Richmond v Brisbane : Lions
    Sydney v Adelaide : Swans
    Port Adelaide v Fremantle : Power
    Melbourne v North Melbourne : Roos
    Western Bulldogs v Carlton : Dogs

Cats to beat Hawks, who I think have hit a bit of a slump lately in performance. Pies, if they are consistant which they arent, to beat Dons. Eagles might well win at home, bt showing no form of doing that. Lots of changes again this week for them. I'm tipping the Lions, even tho their Melbourne form is poor. Swans and Crows are both tailing off a bit, but Swasn should have enough. Port to beat Freo. Roos to win, but I actually think Dees might make a game of this. Roos struggle against weaker sides for some reason. Bulldogs to hammer Carlton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep same tips for with with only the Tigers/Lions games giving me any doubt -

Hawthorn v Geelong : Cats
    Essendon v Collingwood : Pies
    West Coast v St Kilda : Saints
    Richmond v Brisbane : Lions
    Sydney v Adelaide : Swans
    Port Adelaide v Fremantle : Power
    Melbourne v North Melbourne : Roos
    Western Bulldogs v Carlton : Dogs

Off to Subi tomorrow afternoon to see the Eagles no doubt cop a hiding off the Saints. It's chuckin down here as well today so if it keeps up I'll have great fun in my uncovered seat behind the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Goddamit, who picks the games for Setanta?

My Mrs is giving out every week that they never show the Eagles.

My brother in Perth tells her it's cos it's on too late for all the pensioners, which are the Eagles fan base :eek:

Actually the real reason we aren't shown is cause we're feckin shite and everyone knows who's gonna win (i.e. not us) before the game starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

big b wrote: »
    Goddamit, who picks the games for Setanta?

My Mrs is giving out every week that they never show the Eagles.

My brother in Perth tells her it's cos it's on too late for all the pensioners, which are the Eagles fan base :eek:

yeah they actually showed 3 of the first 4 Eagles games at the start of the season. They generally are showing the top teams playing, or the pick of the rounds, and Eagles havent figured in that for quite a while now. They have stopped showing Friday games too tho which is a pain in the ass.

West Coast 2.3 6.5 9.11 15.13 (103)
    St Kilda 4.5 6.6 9.9 12.14 (86)

What a performance today and what a win! Thought we were on for another hiding in the second quarter with the Saints up by 26 but the lads dug in and ran away with it in the last quarter.

Young Ebert kicked three and had a stormer while Le Cras got 4 and Staker 3, including a contender for goal of the year when he had four bounces on a long run before kicking the from 50.

Also got treated to a Quinten Lynch special from more than 70 metres out. Absolute cracker!

The atmosphere in Subi was brilliant and the players celebrated like they'd just won a Premiership at the end! Great day out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

nightmare week for tipping with only 2 right. Thought the umpiring in the pies game was shocking, everything Collingwood did was blown for frees and got nothing themselves, but htey also played ****e. Carlton really did the dogs in the 4th, limiting them to only 2 behinds in th elast 1/4 while scoring 6 themselves, great win for them. Freo did well in Adelaide by all accounts, and Lions again succumb in Melbourne. They really dont travel well. Sydeny are sliding badly IMO, and I cant see them holding 4th spot. Its so tight now tho.

Final mention has to go to the Eagles. Havent seen the highlights yet, but from talking to people in Perth, it sounded like a great win, and gret for such a young team to lift their game and get some more experience under their belt. It really is a big transition period, so hopefully next year we'll be back hitting for a top 8 spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

A disastrous weekend for tipping! I only managed to get three right, I tipped Geelong, the Tigers, and North correctly everything else went out the window.
    A great performance by the underdogs all weekend, special mention has to go to the Eagles with their great win over the Saints, and also the Blues, coming from 37 down in the 3rd to beat the Doggies by 28! I have to say that I'd happily sacrifice my tip to see Carlton win.

Sydney are really on a slide, struggling to beat Carlton in a game they should have lost last weekend and then being restricted to six goals this week. They have a tough game next week too against the Doggies so their top four spot could be in real trouble.

Advertisement