Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawkbox 3 and Windows Vista

Options
  • 24-07-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have the problem of not being able to see other aircraft even when fully connected to the server when operating on a system using Vista??

I have the same setup on my house pc, which uses XP and I've no problems whatsoever, yet when running FS on my laptop (Vista), I'm fully connected to the server, can comm with ATC, yet I can't see other aircraft?

Anyone know whats up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Norton norton norton.....dump it if you have it

I have vista and no norton etc..and my sqwawkbox functions correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Norton norton norton.....dump it if you have it

I have vista and no norton etc..and my sqwawkbox functions correctly

I have Norton on my house pc where it works perfectly! Have Kapersky on the laptop!?

Anything i can do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Check the firewall:

28) What ports does SquawkBox use for network communication?

For connecting outside your local network, SquawkBox uses TCP port 6809 and UDP port 3290 for outgoing connections only. SquawkBox does not accept any incoming connections. The DirectPlay system used by Microsoft Flight Simulator for multiplayer functionality uses a number of network ports, but those are only used internally for communication between Flight Simulator and SquawkBox.

Check the firewall:

28) What ports does SquawkBox use for network communication?

For connecting outside your local network, SquawkBox uses TCP port 6809 and UDP port 3290 for outgoing connections only. SquawkBox does not accept any incoming connections. The DirectPlay system used by Microsoft Flight Simulator for multiplayer functionality uses a number of network ports, but those are only used internally for communication between Flight Simulator and SquawkBox.

What exactly in the firewall need i change?

Please, anybody able to help with this problem?

I've disabled my internet security and tried it but no use.

It's very frustrating and hinders me paticipating in any online events as I can't see other aircraft:(

Anyone at all have any recommedations?

• Advertisement
Advertisement