Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website email problem

Options
  • 24-07-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

I've developed and uploaded a website but I'm having a problem with email on the website. Its like this. The website itself is a standard fair homepage, contact page etc.

When a user fills in the contact page details to email the website the mail gets directed to another mail host. How can I reply to the sent mail without revealing my "personal" email address?

To summarise, the user mails info@mysite.ie and their mail is directed to me@hotmail.com. How can I reply to their mail using an address such as webmaster@mysite.ie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Diceicle wrote: »
    I've developed and uploaded a website but I'm having a problem with email on the website. Its like this. The website itself is a standard fair homepage, contact page etc.

When a user fills in the contact page details to email the website the mail gets directed to another mail host. How can I reply to the sent mail without revealing my "personal" email address?

To summarise, the user mails info@mysite.ie and their mail is directed to me@hotmail.com. How can I reply to their mail using an address such as webmaster@mysite.ie?
    Simplest method would probably be to use a program like Outlook, or Windows Live Mail(which isn't too bad imo). You can set it up to receive the emails from your site, rather than directing them to your hotmail, and you can also receive you standard hotmail stuff through the program. Then when you're replying to something, you can select which email address you want the recipient to see it being sent from.

Gmail also provides all the capabilities of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Mirror wrote: »
    Gmail also provides all the capabilities of the above.
    As does Yahoo! Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Depends what your site is coded in. If it's in ASP.NET the back end code (C# or VB.NET) would be able to do what you want.

Advertisement