Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEMbase???

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

A database and runtime engine from Ross Enterprise, the ERP division of CDC Software, Atlanta, GA (www.rossinc.com) that is noted for its high transaction performance and scalability. Part of the Ross suite of products, GEMBASE runs on Windows NT/2000, OpenVMS and Unix servers that support dumb terminals and Windows clients. Its proprietary DML scripting language can access Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database platforms as well as provide application partitioning.

This is all that my good friend google finds for me.

Seriously, anybody know where can I find some documentation,training materials on gembase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fairly good at the old GEMBASE now I must say. I reckon I can almost guess what company you are working for/aiming for if you are learning this. Forget online manuals - there are none! All you will get is documentation from Ross when you are actually working for a company using their system.

What kinda stuff you need to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

440Hz wrote: »
    What kinda stuff you need to know?

Just started to searching about it so not in need of a specific thing. I just wanted to learn more about the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

As I said, its a tough one as there are no online references really. The only documentation you could get would be from Ross systems and that would be difficult to get your hands on.

I might have a manual on CD somewhere, not guaranteeing anything, ill have a look over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

440Hz wrote: »
    I might have a manual on CD somewhere, not guaranteeing anything, ill have a look over the weekend.

that would be great! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MJ1975

Did you get that manual on GEMBASE? I'm interested in a copy.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement