Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA....

Options
  • 24-07-2008 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how the points for each match are calculated at the end? I'm just looking at my last game here, I won 4-2, had equal possession,higher % shots on target, higher % passing, but yet he got the same points as I did? Even when i completely dominate play my opponent always seems to get more points? Its a little confusing.

Also, just another thing, does anyone ever feel that they are always on the front foot in a game? I mean, Inter are very strong defensively with Cambiasso and Vieira sitting in front of the back 4, whenever anyone plays as them they always seem to sit back and counter, but when I use them, never mind having the two boys sitting in front of the back 4, I'd be lucky if my 4 defenders all stay back. It usually ends up with me pressing, pressing, pressing and then when any opponent breaks, I'm left in a sort of 1 vs 1 situation at the back, and if i miss the tackle, he's clean through on goal. Anyone else find something similar? Even when i set the defense to be deep, my opponent always seems to play on the counter, which is much easier breakdown than the usual two banks of 4 i run into, especially against people with level 20+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you get more points for beating someone ranked higher, and less points for beating someone ranked lower

if your man was ranked waaaay lower than you, and his players performed well, chances are he'll get roughly the same points as you for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yep.

And the Inter thing is their mentality. Inter play AOA (all out attack) but this can be changed. Barca play it aswell i think. You can change it before the game or you can set 4 tactics to use during the match with your D-Pad, like i use, Make the CB join the attack if you need a goal, Wing Play which just bombs the wings, AOA just incase, Full Pitch Press which means if the other guy is playing keep ball you can send everyone chasing the ball.

You should try the others out and see which suit your game best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep.

And the Inter thing is their mentality. Inter play AOA (all out attack)

Do they though? They are normal - back line and normal pressing by default. I have tried changing their back line to be deep and tbh, they were all bombing forward like they didn't know what they were doing, changed it back to normal and then the two lads decided to sit in front of the back four and I was nice and solid at the back.

That points explanation makes sense. I've recently noticed it a lot, but I probably know why now..... basically I used to do ranked quick match until everyone seems to quit if your beating them by 2 or more, I've started creating a ranked match and having max dnf to 5% or under... I suppose a lot of lower level players haven't quit any games. Must set it same level as myself next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yep if your playing ranked it HAS to be DNF 5% or you get all the English chavs who quit.

Also i play a Deep line every single game, i think its a major boost because often your opponent plays a thoughy thinking your midfield is you last line of defence and then up pops 4 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

the amount of points depends on the number of passes and shots

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep if your playing ranked it HAS to be DNF 5% or you get all the English chavs who quit.

Exactly.... I always find that if you don't do less than 5%, you might finish maybe half the games at most.

Not so sure about the number of shots..... I average 14 per game......

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Micheal Clark

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

Not so sure about the number of shots..... I average 14 per game......
    I would say the average would be 6 per game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I would say the average would be 6 per game.

Welcome to boards Micheal!

Just a quick thing, the last post before yours is from way back in 2008, so I'm pretty sure that everyone has moved on. It's generally frowned upon to drag up old threads as well, but seeing as you're new I'll let you away with it.

If you want to talk about Fifa or anything at all, please, post a new thread about it, or take a look at the other threads in the forum.

Advertisement