Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Heritage] Steam Tain Tour Dublin to Wexford

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

Ive been tryin to find some information about the Sea Breeze trip on the 3rd of August from Dublin to Wexford as my father would like to do the trip.

He mentioned something about tickets available 10 days in advance so he would like to get one early to make sure he makes the trip. Could someone please give me some advice on where to purchase tickets for this trip? Can they be purchased in like Heuston Station or Connolly Station or do you have to go to a different place?

Much appreciate any help.

Edit i just seen that i spelt it Tain instead or Train, haha stupid me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

you need to book via the rail preservation socity heres a link for the form to book http://www.rpsi-online.org/downloads/events/2008DAOCBookingForm.pdf tickes are 35 euros each from dublin to wexford and back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Yeah had a look at that thanks, is that the only way to get tickets by ordering them through the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Yeah had a look at that thanks, is that the only way to get tickets by ordering them through the post?

There used to be a few agents in the Dublin area that handled tickets (CIE travel centre was one); you would need to contact the RPSI directly to see if this is the case. I have picked up tickets on the day on some of the quieter trips but I would urge you to book ahead as most of these trips sell out ahead of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hamndegger wrote: »
    There used to be a few agents in the Dublin area that handled tickets (CIE travel centre was one);
    I certainly booked tickets for the RPSI "Steam Enterprise" to Belfast there once .. a depressing hole it was though :o

Alun wrote: »
    I certainly booked tickets for the RPSI "Steam Enterprise" to Belfast there once .. a depressing hole it was though :o

Ah now, that's just from the natives around the area :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Ah now, that's just from the natives around the area :)
    Just to make certain I wasn't misunderstood, I meant the CIE travel centre, not Belfast :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thanks for the replies guy, i think its lookin like you have to get the tickets through the website and with a postal order. I received an email from them this morning asking was there any agents that sell the tickets and there reply was "If you look on the Events/Dates page of our website you will find a booking form."

Edit:

Just found out you can get tickets from agents, they mentioned 3 places a place on abbey street near the luas stop, pearse street and a place in drumcondra.

Alun wrote: »
    Just to make certain I wasn't misunderstood, I meant the CIE travel centre, not Belfast :pac:.

That's exactly what I thought you meant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

they used to sell tickets through EBS building society iirc some years ago,not sure if that's still the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

BAN THESE STEAM SPECIALS ON MAINLINE RAIL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

But it means an extra 200 seats at peak time! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

DWCommuter wrote: »

would you care to say why you think that? rather meaningless otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Buffman

DWCommuter wrote: »

Seems a bit harsh, the 3rd Aug is a sunday, surely running an extra train does not cause that much disruption. Hopfully you were only joking.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Advertisement