Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Venue In Carlow?

Options
  • 23-07-2008 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey Folks,

Just want to pick your brains about Party Venues in Carlow? I'm organising a birthday party and was wondering what is the best venue in town?

There'll be a range of ages at it, 20-70 (mostly in the late 20's). I don't want a hotel function room. Was thinking more like a section of a pub or part of a nightclub? Is there anything like that even available?

:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

workmans club? lots of pubs would be delighted of the business and have enough room to spare as long as it is not saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There is:

The Buzz Bar
    The Tower in Dinn Ri
    What used to be "Level 1" in Devereux's, dunno what thats called now.
    Brook's café (you could take the raised area) also in Dinn Ri

That's all I can think of right now... its too early!!
    oh btw.. are we invited?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 justin.rattigan

Cheers for that,

But my knowledge of Carlow Geography is limited, where is the workmans club and Devereux's??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Cheers for that,

But my knowledge of Carlow Geography is limited, where is the workmans club and Devereux's??

Devereux's is the building that used to be the edge now Tao.
    Its on tullow street opposite the Library.

The Workmans is behind Cosmo Browns. If you were at the Tullow st. entrance to dinn Ri, there's a lane directly opposite. Walk down that lane and its on the right hand side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

i

• Advertisement

Yeah i would have to agree, had all the functions and parties in there when i was growing up and it is a deadly place, would defo recoment it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 justin.rattigan

Devereux's or The Workmans, Sticky Dan?

Devereux's or The Workmans, Sticky Dan?

sorry dude i meant the workmans club. I do apologise i was rushing through hueston station when i wrote that, neway workmans is a cool place and very central..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

stick-dan wrote: »
    sorry dude i meant the workmans club. I do apologise i was rushing through hueston station when i wrote that, neway workmans is a cool place and very central..

Rushing isn't the key to a girls heart my friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Are we actually recommending the workmans club??!

• Advertisement

where else is there? and it is probably very reasonable unless you wanted to go out to the glenside?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you considered football, hurling or rugby club? all have good venues if you don't mind being away from the town centre.

Sully wrote: »
    Rushing isn't the key to a girls heart my friend ;)

Do we really want to bring up up people's person lives here, remember sully, moderators may have power but they are still human too ;)

And don't be jealous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

stick-dan wrote: »
    And don't be jealous.

;) Me? Jealous? Think before ya speak Dan, to save yourself the embarasment :P :P

Anyway, back to topic...

lol kk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Best bet is probably Rugby club or Eire Og Club. 2 great venues for crowds of that size. Do the usual party food etc too. Could be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Leverett and fry could be good either

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2nd level of Dinn Ri. Also, it's easy to barricade off from others, there's a bar there, and later, a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

I had a party in Browns Bar up from the Cathedral last year. Was a great spot. Not sure if its still open though. Have a look and see well worth it. Tao or whatever its called do a party deal etc was more expensive than Browns hence why I went with Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Stevecw wrote: »
    Best bet is probably Rugby club or Eire Og Club. 2 great venues for crowds of that size. Do the usual party food etc too. Could be worth a try.

The last birthday party I was at, was an 18th in the Eire Og clubhouse and it was perfect for the size of crowd we had.

• Advertisement

fitzyshea wrote: »
    I had a party in Browns Bar up from the Cathedral last year. Was a great spot. Not sure if its still open though. Have a look and see well worth it. Tao or whatever its called do a party deal etc was more expensive than Browns hence why I went with Browns.
    afaik its closed due to lack of interest.

Advertisement