Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracking Bet tonight at short Odds

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Friendly between Shelboure and Leeds

Leeds have a full strength squad to choose from including a former Barcelona striker who scored 28 goals in 43 games last season for Spanish side Merida.

Shels are currently 2nd in the Eircom League First Division and have an important game on Friday away to Kildare County and are playing their U20's tonight.

Leeds already played 2 games in Ireland (beat Galway 0-2 and beat Bray 2-3 after being 2-0 down at half time)

Both teams in a division above Shels

Leeds currently at 10/11 with Ladbrokes, and I've just lumped on them

Get all over this like a cheap suit lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

There is a ladbrokes about 5 mins from the ground just past the Cat and Cage. Id advise getting to the ground, get confirmation of team sheets, get back up to Lads and steam in.

My main concern would be Leeds going like with like in terms of Shels fielding a weakened side, Leeds might do likewise to give some lads not involved yet a run out. If it is a strong Leeds side, then 10/11 looks cracking value, the 11/5 Leeds/Leeds in the ht/ft market could be value aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Leeds rested first choice players Jermaine Beckford, Casper Ankergran, Jonny Howson, Paul Huntington, Lubo Michalik and Frazer Richardson for the game on Sunday so all will play a big part.

McAllister has also said that he wants to give the players between 60-75 minutes tonight as opposed to wholesale changes at half time to increase their fitness.

Team I expect

Ankergran

Richardson
    Huntington
    Michalik
    Sheehan

Robinson
    Douglas
    Howson
    Johnson

Beckford
    Barcelona Striker

Ladcrooks cut this to 8/11 in the last few minutes

still available at 5/6 with PP and 4/5 with Boyles

Expect the odds to shorten further

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

You've won me over with your convincing argument. Hopefully Off The Ball will be doing updates..

I'll be listening on LUTV so I'll post regular updates

4/6 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ive done this bet (convinced me 2!)

got it at - 5/6 paddyp

its now 8/11

If this doesn't oblige lads I'll personally cover your stake ;)

Gutted I can't make the game but I'll be over at Elland Rd for the League games in August

Official Team

Casper ANKERGREN
    Frazer RICHARDSON
    Rui MARQUES
    Paul HUNTINGTON
    Alan SHEEHAN
    David PRUTTON
    Jonathon DOUGLAS
    Jonny HOWSON
    Bradley JOHNSON
    Luciano BECCHIO
    Enoch SHOWUMNI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gutted I can't make the game but I'll be over at Elland Rd for the League games in August

Famous last words!

Theres never a certainty!

This game is 1-1 at the moment

Shels took the lead, Leeds hit the post and crossbar, then it sounds as if our player Marques broke their centre forwards leg (centre forward already has 24 goals this season for Shels and was running us ragged)

Half Time now, Shel's making wholesale changes, couple of 17 & 18 year olds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

1-1 Final Score.

backed at 5/6 and i figured that this would come in more than 6 times out of 11. You pays your money and you take your chances.

Cheers anyhow OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

badbrian wrote: »
    1-1 Final Score.

backed at 5/6 and i figured that this would come in more than 6 times out of 11. You pays your money and you take your chances.
    Good news badbrian. There was no chances taken with this bet. It was a bet to nothing thanks to the generosity of the OP.

Now form an orderly queue lads. Pigheads first. Just a pony for me squire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pighead wrote: »
    Now form an orderly queue lads. Pigheads first. Just a pony for me squire.

Yeah i put a bet on but didn't mention it on the thread. I put err.... 4 grand on it! So you won't mind if i go first.

Nah not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:eek: If I see you on O'Connell bridge I'll walk past with a wagging finger.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

****E lads jus glad I missed this thread yesterday. I lumped on Levadia, unpatriotic like an all that I felt they would win the match. But fair play to Drogheda, Dynamo Kiev next round.

So card is goin to be cut-up at last. Account on betfair is locked until Thurs next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Where can I collect my refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Disappointing that the OP hasn't come back onto this thread even though he's online all the time.

Happens all too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cookpasbabtridg

because he's full of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Don't be breaking the gamblers code now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks for your contribution. Please phrase them a tad more diplomatically in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement