Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Store wrecking my head

Options
  • 23-07-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

The Mortgage store had a stall at work about 6 months ago, and since my boyf and I were considering buying, we filled out all the forms, and got a quote from the guy that weekend. All well and good.

Since then, my boyfriend has changed his job, and is now working probation - so we've stopped looking. But every few weeks, I'm getting emails from this guy asking 'how's the househunting going' etc, and asking me to fill out some form for him - why would I need to sign some form if I'm not taking out a mortgage with them? And surely the offer would be null and void anyway since the boyf has changed jobs?!
    Or is he just playing the 'concerned' salesman?! He's really wrecking my head!! I've told him numerous times that I'd get in touch if the situation changed ... he's relentless!!!

Edit: I don't actually know what the point of this thread is, i'm just venting!! AHHHHH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

He’s desperate to earn commission and to get you and your bf to sign up.
    Or, he’s is being threatened with being sacked and his manager is putting pressure on to get people signed up. Actually, this option is very likely.

Either way, demand to be taken off their database and quote the Data Protection Act if needs be. You have the right to get removed under that piece of legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

He's probably not being threatened because he's the manager of that particular store! I'm finding it hard to be firm with him because he's always so friendly etc.
    I feel sorry for mortgage people in this market, but I'm hardly going to take out a mortage just to 'be nice'?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

He hasn't made his sales targets, also some mortgage brokers are charging non-refundable initial fees to potential clients so maybe that's why he wants you to sign the form to get that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just make a rule in your email to direct all his email to the deleted items section :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

Glowing wrote: »
    He's probably not being threatened because he's the manager of that particular store! I'm finding it hard to be firm with him because he's always so friendly etc.
    I feel sorry for mortgage people in this market, but I'm hardly going to take out a mortage just to 'be nice'?!

Never feel sorry for people in such positions. They have no feelings for you. Especially if he is a manager. Pretending to be nice is part of the repetoire of tricks they have...

• Advertisement
Advertisement