Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Cost of website

Options
  • 23-07-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

How much to charge for a website - never charged before.
    Static html - a dozen pages.

Design and Development - wont take long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

This has been discussed on here at length. Seriously. It's been discussed to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Multiply the hours by three and add a zero. Or two. Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Did you try calling or emailing few web developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Did you search the forums here ?

It really comes up every week or two ..

It also generates heated debate and so on ... so best to just have a look at some of the threads already posted on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Try €1,000, that way your not too cheap or too dear.

Q.E.D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If he's never charged before, then there's a good chance he's not producing work worth €1000 to be honest. It's hard to estimate without a portfolio. Try half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I've designed about four websites from scratch and did a few nixxers besides(example ; website analytics, php contact forms etc.), and I still charge €8 per hour, or if building a website, <15 pages I would charge €250, depending on numerous factors of course.

until i start producing quality websites, i will never, ever charge any more than that... and until we can see how good your work is, there's no point us even guessing what you should charge.

Advertisement