Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "lied to get job" one

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been out of work since the end of last year .. already had a gap on my CV from a trip to Oz a few years ago so didn't want another one and said I'd been contracting since Jan .. have now been offered a job but worried about providing a P45 .. anyone got any advice or am I screwed .. I saw something on the boards about getting a P45 from the tax office .. will that help me?

Liar x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes you can get a P45 from the tax office but it's going to have dates on it so you may get rumbled..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Could you say you had been contracting on a self employed basis? That way your fees would not have been subject to PAYE and so you would not have been issued a P45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I've been out of work since the end of last year .. already had a gap on my CV from a trip to Oz a few years ago so didn't want another one and said I'd been contracting since Jan .. have now been offered a job but worried about providing a P45 .. anyone got any advice or am I screwed .. I saw something on the boards about getting a P45 from the tax office .. will that help me?

Liar x

You dont have to give a P45 to your new employer. They just need it to be sent to revenue so that revenue can provide them with a statement of your tax credits etc.... so they can do payroll for you. As long as you sent in a P45 to revenue from whatever job you last had they will have a record of it and be able to send your new employer the required tax cert for you. You can call revenue yourself and sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Extraplus wrote: »
    Could you say you had been contracting on a self employed basis? That way your fees would not have been subject to PAYE and so you would not have been issued a P45.

That sounds like the way to explain it alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

in regard to the tax office option call your new employer get their tax number, then call the tax office and get yourself set up on what i believe they call a week one basis. you may be on emergency tax for one month but then it's sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement