Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quinn direct

Options
  • 23-07-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

:eek:hi,im looking for some help.

I was involved in a car accident a few weeks ago but it was not my fault.I was advised by eagle star which is the other company to hire a car so i did,but this cost 51euro with quinn direct for the temp change.Eagle star were going to pay it anyway so anyway quinn rang me 4 july and asked me for the 51euro so i said i didnt have it because im out of work but i would get onto eagle star and ask them for the money.Rang eagle star and they said get quinn to fax the details of the hire vechile so they can pay out which was fare enough.Rang quinn back and gave fax details all that for eagle star and they said they would fax the charge onto them.Anyway i rang on the 15th july just gone to see did quinn get it sorted and the girl said yes they had being in touch and it was going to be sorted between the two companies so i said thats grand.Got a letter in the post yesterday from quinn direct saying my policy is cancelled:eek:because they did not recieve the 51èuro.Rang quinn had murder with them and asked why they cancelled it???also why if the policy was cancelled on the 15th july was the letter dated the 21 july???and they said i was sent a letter to say it was going to be cancelled and everything else...but i didnt get anything from them.Then i rang eagle star and they said quinn never sent any fax so they did not pay out.:eek:but they would send the 51 euro to me yesterday.
    Rang the iif and basically they said they contacted quinn and quinn said they sent me a letter to say it would be cancelled on the 15th if 51euro was not recieved but i didnt get it.Ive being with quinn 3 years solid now and i payed my insurance in full only march and this is how they treat you.ANY IDVICE???????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Cut your losses and go with a decent Insurance company.(I'm assuming they refunded whatever money was owed to you..)

Quinn are good for first time and young drivers, if you have 3 years driving under your belt (or possibly more) then your insurance isn't going to be much more expensive elsewhere, probably worth it for a bit of customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

well i paid 800 at the end of march and now they are refunding 420:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

4 months... ripping ya off of 2 months there I guess but like I said, cut the losses!

Quinn are a joke and I wish I could get cheaper insurance elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I wouldn't walk away if I was you. F**k them. Don't let them get away with it.

I had a similarish experience with the a few years ago. I was checking my banking on-line and I noticed that they hadn't taken the payment for about 3 months. So I rang them up and told them this and they said they'd look into it. Then about 2 days later I got a letter in the post saying my insurance was cancelled for non-payment. (Again, this is after I had rang them to tell them they hadn't taken the money.)

I was obviously fuming.... but it got worse. I rang them up again and told them I had the money to pay and I would pay straight away and they could re-instate the policy. But.... no.... they couldn't do that. They could only start a new policy for me. But, I had been involved in an accident 2 years before and I was in the process of trying to build up my No Claims Bonus again. I had 11 months done in the last policy and I was going to lose that whole year because of it. That year was worth about 1k off my policy at the time.

I ended up having to park up uninsured for about 2 weeks while supervisor after supervisor told me there was nothing they could do. In the end, I got onto the Insurance Ombudsman one morning, and by that evening, my policy was re-instated.

I think that since that the office of the Insurance Ombudsman has been incorporated into the Financial Services Ombudsman. I think it would be worth giving them a call.

http://www.financialombudsman.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

God Quinn really p*ss me off listening to some of the things they do. I transferred my policy onto the mothers car for 2 weeks, as i had sold my own, and this was done free of charge. When i bought my new car, the timing belt snapped and i had to transder it again. This time they wanted €81 off me for 4 days:eek:... Apparently ur allowed change ur policy onto another car for 8 weeks within one year (and at a max of 2 weeks per change). The reason they said i had to pay was becuase the value of the car was more than the value of mine, and i said but i had it changed already for two weeks and it cost me nothing.

In the end she was very ignorant, and would listen to me, and passed me onto her Manager who was the same. I paid it in the end (because i needed a car).

Two weeks later i had to transfer it on again and they didn't charge me. ****ers.

Don't let them get away with it, there was a thread on here i think about the Fella who owns Quinn Direct saying there was a warrant out for his arrest because of them not sending some fella out proof of his policy for court.

I don't care if they are the cheapest, if i'm handing out 2000 for insurance i'd expect better customer service. Asshole's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

God Quinn really p*ss me off listening to some of the things they do. I transferred my policy onto the mothers car for 2 weeks, as i had sold my own, and this was done free of charge. When i bought my new car, the timing belt snapped and i had to transder it again. This time they wanted €81 off me for 4 days:eek:... Apparently ur allowed change ur policy onto another car for 8 weeks within one year (and at a max of 2 weeks per change). The reason they said i had to pay was becuase the value of the car was more than the value of mine, and i said but i had it changed already for two weeks and it cost me nothing.

In the end she was very ignorant, and would listen to me, and passed me onto her Manager who was the same. I paid it in the end (because i needed a car).

Two weeks later i had to transfer it on again and they didn't charge me. ****ers.

Don't let them get away with it, there was a thread on here i think about the Fella who owns Quinn Direct saying there was a warrant out for his arrest because of them not sending some fella out proof of his policy for court.

I don't care if they are the cheapest, if i'm handing out 2000 for insurance i'd expect better customer service. Asshole's.

How about you read whats on your policy.... its all in there. Your not being screwed, its what you signed up to in the first place.

doesnt the ombudsman take a while to sort out though???i rang the irish insurance fed and they are useless!

BnA wrote: »
    I wouldn't walk away if I was you. F**k them. Don't let them get away with it.

I had a similarish experience with the a few years ago. I was checking my banking on-line and I noticed that they hadn't taken the payment for about 3 months. So I rang them up and told them this and they said they'd look into it. Then about 2 days later I got a letter in the post saying my insurance was cancelled for non-payment. (Again, this is after I had rang them to tell them they hadn't taken the money.)

I was obviously fuming.... but it got worse. I rang them up again and told them I had the money to pay and I would pay straight away and they could re-instate the policy. But.... no.... they couldn't do that. They could only start a new policy for me. But, I had been involved in an accident 2 years before and I was in the process of trying to build up my No Claims Bonus again. I had 11 months done in the last policy and I was going to lose that whole year because of it. That year was worth about 1k off my policy at the time.

I ended up having to park up uninsured for about 2 weeks while supervisor after supervisor told me there was nothing they could do. In the end, I got onto the Insurance Ombudsman one morning, and by that evening, my policy was re-instated.

I think that since that the office of the Insurance Ombudsman has been incorporated into the Financial Services Ombudsman. I think it would be worth giving them a call.

http://www.financialombudsman.ie
    RANG THEM AND IT WILL TAKE A FEW WEEKS TO SEE IF I HAVE A CASE:(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Cut your losses and go with a decent Insurance company.(I'm assuming they refunded whatever money was owed to you..)

Quinn are good for first time and young drivers, if you have 3 years driving under your belt (or possibly more) then your insurance isn't going to be much more expensive elsewhere, probably worth it for a bit of customer service.
    +1
    Quinn are, in my opinion, the biggest shower of crooks out there!
    They tried to shaft me years ago and to this day, I will not contact them come renewal time.
    In a recent rear ending case they tried to under-value my car by saying that it had no NCT. It had no NCT when it was assessed because I am not in a position to do the test because the arse on the car is ruined - it did have one at the time of the incident however but that was of no interest to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

yep, complete bunch of wan*ers. But their incompetence paid off for me a couple of months back. I had a credit on my account and i told them to pay off my new insurance with that, so they did and i got my new policy. About a month later they sent me a cheque for the original credit and my policy is still in place. I even phoned them up and asked if everything was up-to-date, they still didn't cop on.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

dubman25 wrote: »
    .ANY IDVICE???????

Paragraphs?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

kbannon wrote: »
    In a recent rear ending case they tried to under-value my car by saying that it had no NCT. It had no NCT when it was assessed because I am not in a position to do the test because the arse on the car is ruined - it did have one at the time of the incident however but that was of no interest to them!

Write off I'm presuming if they even sent an assesor? Or are they that anal about trying to get out of liability?

I got rear ended by a Zurich insured driver and Zurich didn't want to see my car, accepted the first quote and paid the garage directly without questioning anything. Quinn (my insurers), despite doing nothing other than phoning Zurich to log the claim and sending me a letter saying 'this will not affect your no claims bonus' then sent me an accident report to fill out"!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It was declared an economic write off and I got about €600 less than what the damage was estimated to fix! I got to keep the car though!
    They were planning on putting a salvage value of €500 on it as it stands. I'm sure the kit, lights, leather, etc. would fetch a nice few qiud on ebay, never mind the engine and gearbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This was a stupid accounting mistake. A charge was raised on th account for the €51 as if the op had asked for a change or the like ( such as adding on another named driver etc). Proably not mention was added on the computer that it was chargable to the other insurance company and so it became like a default ing payment and cancelled as a result.

So welcome to beauracracy!

Advertisement