Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

can anyone recommend a good primary school in Celbridge

• 23-07-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I don't know if anyone can help but my son and I moving to Celbridge in the next two weeks and there are four primary schools I can send him to as follows:-
    1) Primrose National school
    2) North Kildare Educate Together School
    3) Aghards National School
    4) Scoil na Mainistreach

He will be going in to 5th class, now where we live at the moment he suffered bullying so I want to make sure I pick a friendly school, I put the schools in prefered order. The first seems to have the smallest numbers, it is church of england (that doesn't bother me, my son and I lapsed Catholics, leaning towards agnostic) but it may bother the school. The second school seems the most child centered but its times are weird and my son will have to get a bus to the school. The third has a large number kids (it is mixed and I prefer this) but is closer to our house, but I am wary of large schools. Finally the last choice is boys only and I am not too hot on that.

So to cut a long story short, I am basing the above opinions on very limited information, I don't know what any of the above schools are like and if anyone has some info on any of them I would be deeply grateful. Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 abc_

Hi, may I ask you which schood you've chosen in Celbridge and why
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JosieJumps

Too late now I'm sure, but the Glebe Primary Montessori School is a good option. It has a pupil/teacher ratio of 1:16 and teaches using the excellent Montessori method all the way up to 6th class. Fees are pretty reasonable.

Advertisement