Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my navbar is gone crazy..

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a bit of a project that I decided to host on a free server to see what it looked like..

its: http://www.geocities.com/hakko1872003

Its my first site and shows it too, never mind the color scheme, that will be changed.

My problem is the orange navbar. In firefox it looks perfect but in IE its a little bit longer and runs into the slideshow..

I think it looks ok in vista IE though.

Does anybody have any ideas on what it could be??

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Probably to do with this ... didn't check the code
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_box_model_bug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

when this is stored and run locally on my machine it looks just fine,strange.

techguy wrote: »
    when this is stored and run locally on my machine it looks just fine,strange.

Well ...
    </body>

</html>
    <!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE --></object></layer></div></span></style></noscript></table></script></applet>

really doesn't look good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

forbairt wrote: »
    Well ...

really doesn't look good

Thanks..

So from an x-browser point of view is the code safe to move forward with?

I just have no ther way of testing this at the moment.. I wish I had gotten around to setting up my own server..

EDIT: I have been using server 2003 as a home server and directed IIS to my website folder..and checked it out over the net, it seems to work fine.. Thanks for the help guys.

When I was using geocities back in 96 ?? 97 or something like that .. they required you embed some code into your site ...

It looks like they are embedding this onto the end of your page ?

(now I could be wrong I've not used geocities in a long time)

Basically your code should never have anything outside of your final </html>

• Advertisement
Advertisement