Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPLETED!!! Dreamweaver - Question about Student Version -v- "Full" Version...

Options
  • 22-07-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Just a quick query... I understand that the only two differences between the 'Student' version of Dreamweaver and the 'Full' version is that the former does not contain the manuals and you are not allowed to use it commercially? Is that right?

Not that I would do this - but how would they stop you or even know about it? :confused:...

For example, if a friend asked to do a website for them .. like a family tree website... could I use it for this ? .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

well to put it simply as I understand it ...

You do commercial work .. you create a website and get paid ... this breaches the terms of the student license.

How will they know ? for the most part they won't.

Can you get away with it .... probably

Where it really comes into play is when you get audited and you don't have full versions of software on your computer and you're doing commercial work ... a no no ...

You'd really want to read the TOS on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

forbairt wrote: »
    well to put it simply as I understand it ...

You do commercial work .. you create a website and get paid ... this breaches the terms of the student license.

How will they know ? for the most part they won't.

Can you get away with it .... probably

Where it really comes into play is when you get audited and you don't have full versions of software on your computer and you're doing commercial work ... a no no ...

You'd really want to read the TOS on it though

Thank you forbairt .... I just couldn't figure it out..... the auditing thing makes sense now though - wouldn't have thought of that (not that I'd use it for commercial anyway:))....

So, if you have bought a Student version and then you wish to go the commercial route - do you know ... can you then buy and 'upgrade' ..(i.e. pay the difference) or do you have to go and buy a brand new product at full price?... Thank you....

not a clue to be honest.

Maybe fire a reseller a quick email asking ?

(though no doubt someone else on here will know)

Txs anyway forbairt... I'll email the reseller ...

(btw really like your websites .. the safari one looks very 'plush'...)

justagirl wrote: »
    (btw really like your websites .. the safari one looks very 'plush'...)

Thanks Safari one is semi recent :) ... All the others and my own site are due for upgrades :)

• Advertisement

.....So, if you have bought a Student version and then you wish to go the commercial route - do you know ... can you then buy and 'upgrade' ..(i.e. pay the difference) or do you have to go and buy a brand new product at full price?... Thank you....

Seemingly you can pay to upgrade to a Full Commercial version ....but there might not be much difference and also... a newer version might be available so probably better buying that...

All my questions now answered... Txs!:)

Seemingly you can pay to upgrade to a Full Commercial version ....but there might not be much difference and also... a newer version might be available so probably better buying that...

All my questions now answered... Txs!:)

No problem ... and yeah CS4 is in beta the last while

Advertisement