Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a garden gate

Options
  • 22-07-2008 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I want to make two garden gates to go at both ends of a 4 ' picket fence. They willl be in the same style as the picket fence, which is on a slope, so they appear to be a continuation of the fence.

Each gate will be approximately 4' wide and hung on the existing fence posts.

I haven't done this before and would appreciate any advice / tips.

My initial question is how should I measure and cut the diagonal bracing rail so it is a snug fit between the top and bottom rails?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I'd just lay the gates down flat on the ground, attach the rails , offer up the diagonal brace, mark off the sides where they intersect the rails, transfer markings to the face and cut. By the way the brace should run from the bottom of the gate up and out.

Advertisement