Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reptile boarding question.

Options
  • 22-07-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know of anyone who will mind a bearded dragon while I'm on holiday? South Dublin north Wicklow area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

Whydont you ask Ben at Reptile Haven Fishamble St Dublin, opposite the Dublin County Council Buildings? He boards reptiles for holidays... phone 016704001. I would offer but we have a house full of reptiles including 5 beardies and 34 hatchlings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dextifier

Thanks for that. I think there is somebody a little closer to home but if I don't find them very soon I will certainly follow that up! On another matter, with all those beardies - do you breed live food (crickets etc) yourself or do you buy them? I've set up a little cricket breeding project in my back shed. The crickets are happy and feeding and singing and laying, but the eggs are not hatching - any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

We well i should say my OH breeds his own food... waxworms early stages producing small tiny baby worms, Blaptica Dubia roaches and Mario worms. We hate crickets although saying that i need crix for our gecko's and tarantulas but mainly feed roaches.
    Blaptica Dubia Roaches are more nutritional for beardies. Forward a pm to Duzzie on here and he will send you a care sheet and roaches to start a colony and there you can breed them yourself and your beardie will love them.
    Cat xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Hi,

I board my bunnies with a wonderful woman who lives in Shankill. She takes in all manner of small animals and it would definitely be worth giving her a buzz.

PM me for her number!

Dilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Actually, here's her advert from [url]www.irishanimals.ie:[/url]

Small animal care
    We are pet sitters for small animals. We have been minding rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, chinchillas, fish and newts for the last 3 years. We are based in Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin (near the hospital). Our rates are reasonable and we give great care and attention. We even grow our own vegetables for the rabbits and guinea pigs!
    PHONE:086-1911354 or 01-2820890

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Dont think Ben is in a position to take any boarders with the shop extention the way it is but he will put you onto a guy who runs the reptile inn, don't have his number any more but Ben or Graham in Reptile Haven will. Think it was 2 euro per day per animal but that was a few years ago.

Advertisement