Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website renewal

Options
  • 22-07-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I've had a look at some of the previous posts for some help. I maintain pages for a community group and the domain is due for renewal this weekend. Registered by a previous member who I can can't contact. It is a .com address, which has been around for 4 years, so I'd prefer not to have to change it. I could register a .ie myself but that would be a bit more hassle than I'd like.
    Anyone got any opinions about what I could do? I do have a copy of website pages under version control, so not worried about that end, just the admin of the domain.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Contact the registrar.

You really need to get the domain registered to the group instead of to an individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

a_ominous wrote: »
    Hello
    I've had a look at some of the previous posts for some help. I maintain pages for a community group and the domain is due for renewal this weekend. Registered by a previous member who I can can't contact. It is a .com address, which has been around for 4 years, so I'd prefer not to have to change it.
    Anyone got any opinions about what I could do?
    TIA

A change of ownership must be arranged through the registrar of the domain. If the domain expires you still have a grace period of around 30 days in which you can renew a domain without penalty, after that the domain enters a redemption period of a further 30 days where the owner is still able to re-activate the domain however you may incur a penalty during this period - the grace periods will vary according to the domain tld

Advertisement