Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo 2L 8v TS engine`

Options
  • 22-07-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 2l 8v TwinSpark engine, as commonly found in the Alfa Romeo 75. Low mileage preferable. It's to replace a leaky one which is down on power in a spider.

Any possible leads would be appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

I'd suggest you try posting on http://www.alfaireland.ie/ , you already have a TS in the Spider or upgrading the old Nord engine ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Qv

To be honest finding an engine is one thing finding a good one is another,
    you'd not be interested in my engine 180Kmiles on it, running well though.

You say your engine is down on power, have you had it looked at. I fixed my 75 in the snow in the UK before driving it home, the owner was shocked at how easily a couple of checks could liberate lost power.

How are your HT leads? is the cam variator working and set up right? are the temp sensors working ?

As Alfarocks says get over to Alfa Ireland where there are many brains to pick about such topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi Qv and AlfaRocks!

I'll post to that site - I did try find it in the past, but it eluded me!

In relation to the current engine in the spider - it was supposed to have been a reconditioned unit but all of the oil seals are weaping and spitting. Tick-over is poor, and has been despite many attepts to recover it.
    The owner now wants to start from fresh with a 'known' engine - hence he wants to locate a working unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Qv

The Uk would be the best bet, I presume your looking for a 75 engine and that a 164 unit wouldn't do. Only 62 75's offically sold in Ireland.

www.aroc-uk.com classifieds section.

Advertisement