Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good CMS systems?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Basically have a few pdf's that i receive from client, need a CMS system to input all the data, im assuming they're similar to bloggers like wordpress but not quite?

thankss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

A lot of hosting accounts have autoinstallers for CMS systems. (one click install) Two most popular would probably be Joomla and Mambo... Installation is pretty straight forward anyway. In regards to ease of use everything is pretty much self explanatory and like a blog like you said...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah was looking at joomla ! thanks, hola if you guys know any other popular ones !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

As you don't need the bells and whistles that Joomla and Mambo provide I recommend CMS Made Simple. I find it excellent for a no fuss no muss cms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As you don't need the bells and whistles that Joomla and Mambo provide I recommend CMS Made Simple. I find it excellent for a no fuss no muss cms.

My recommendation for a lot of simple or even complex sites ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Also worth checking http://www.cushycms.com. (Currently trying to figure whether I prefer CMS Made Simple and Cushy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Ill throw this into the hat, http://snewscms.com/

Lightweight, easy to install and easy to customise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Ill throw this into the hat, http://snewscms.com/

Lightweight, easy to install and easy to customise.

been an advocate of that one for a while as well ... though its missing a few nice plugins (Has the gallery for it been created yet ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

forbairt wrote: »
    been an advocate of that one for a while as well ... though its missing a few nice plugins (Has the gallery for it been created yet ? )

Not sure, Ive never really looked into extending it, only ever used it for managing articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Placebo wrote: »
    Basically have a few pdf's that i receive from client, need a CMS system to input all the data, im assuming they're similar to bloggers like wordpress but not quite?

You have PDFs from a client that you need inputted into a CMS? Do the PDFs contain text or something? Is this text going to be used for a website or are you just hosting PDFs via a database so that your client can download them at a later stage?

If you're just hosting the PDFs I would create a htaccess password restricted folder that has directory listing enabled.

I don't see why you explicitly require a CMS.

Advertisement