Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Vodafone Sim Card

Options
  • 22-07-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to change my prepay phone over to Vodafone from o2, but am having a bit of an issue.

I have a Nokia 6233. This is my 2nd one ad o2 replaced the first due to a fault. The one they issued was unlocked. I ordered 2 free vodafone sims from the website and tried to use them in the 6233, but both sims come up as saying "sim registration failed". To make sure it wasnt an issue with just Vodafone sims, I tried my Dad's Sim (Vodafone) and his worked fine.

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong or have any solution?

Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

So you're saying just the 2 free Vodafone SIMs don't work? If this is the case then ring up Vodafone customer care and see if they can activate them. Otherwise order some more SIMs.

I'm not too familiar with the offer but if it involves you porting then you will need to call customer care to have your number moved on to one of these SIMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Yes'm - "sim registration failed" basically means there's no mobile number attached to the sim card - call up vodafone and check with them - might need to be activated, as said above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hey guys .. thanks for the replies. I got it sorted. Yeah the sim hadnt been activated/ported yet. Sorted only today after 3 days of being onto vodafone ... oh well .. im just glad its done. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

I also had a problem when i changed network and moved to Vodafone. i got that sim reg failed notice when i turned on my phone too. i wasnt very pleased because to get my phone working properly it took nearly a week. Jus wondering if anyone else had these problems too???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I got one last summer for free online and never got the 5 digit pin they send you to verify your port, however if you go into a shop a porting sim only costs you 12e and your number is moved over in under 2 hours(in general) and often in about half an hour- this beats the hassle of ringing vodafone, waiting for the sim in the post. €12 for a lot less hassle:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Nowadays you have to enter that 5 digit code before you proceed with ordering the porting pack online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

This post has been deleted.
    Yup happend my parents and even though when I went to register it it wouldnt allow me, rang customer care, not annoyed or anything, they just asked for the imei and they added the registration credits- i later found out that the phones were originally bill pay but still got the credit, I was mortified but didn't know this when ringing up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What you need to do is call the network your changing to with the 5 digit pin and they will go through the porting for you. That pin releases you from your current network and then you will be activated on the new one.

Advertisement