Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Adwords Good For Forums?

Options
  • 21-07-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Is adwords effective for getting traffic and signups to forums?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You're going to have to expand on the question.

What kind of forums, contextual or search targetting?

Post what you want to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

OK basically I have set up a new forum (link in my signiture), and I don't get very much traffic at the moment. I was wondering if adwords would help with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

conorod wrote: »
    OK basically I have set up a new forum (link in my signiture), and I don't get very much traffic at the moment. I was wondering if adwords would help with this.
    Get a proper domain and proper hosting

There's no point wasting money on a free subdomain forum that you have no control over

I plan on upgrading to paid hosting at some point, but for now the free host gives me all the resources I need, and I have complete control over the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Unless you have 100% control and ownership of the domain you have nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

and even if i do end up on your website, i would leave again.

any forums, other than the php support forum, that leaves the phpbb headers there is, in my opinion, lazy... you mightn't intend to be, but thats what your website is suggesting.

if i was you, i would invest money in a proper domain at the least, rather than rushing into adwords/adsense...

I have changed the skin and I will be upgrading to paid hosting and a domain at a later point when I have a bit more money.
    Anyway this post is going a bit off topic, I was just curious if any forum owners had any success with adwords, I son't plan on using it right now.

Advertisement