Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter

Options
  • 21-07-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey,

there has been a helicopter flying over little Bray for the last hour or so.(very noisey)......not sure whether is the gardí or not. Any one any ideas whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Fusion251 wrote: »
    Hey,

There has been a helicopter flying over little Bray for the last hour or so (very noisy)......not sure whether is the Gardaí or not. Any one any ideas whats going on?

Does the helicopter have a yellow reflective stripe, can you see? ;)

ec135t2.jpg

Very common for the GASU to be up, probably using IR camera looking for a criminal who's run off into back gardens etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

lol!!!!!
    Thanks for the photo, unfortunalty the chopper is to high up I cant make out the strip plus it is directly hovering over where I am now...... so I probably should lock all windows and doors.........

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

When its closer have a look at the front under the windscreen area, If it has ADRAG written on the panel then its the GASU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    When its closer have a look at the front under the windscreen area, If it has ADRAG written on the panel then its the GASU
    Shouldn't it have a blue light over the rotors too?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Sometimes, more often than not there's a blue strobe light under the rear view mirror. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I hear it and I reach for the Xbox controller. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 althompsone

I live in Rathmines and it seems to appear at least every week. Usually it seems to circle for about 15/20 mins between maybe 11 and midnight. very noisy, very audible even with windows closed. I assume it's the gardaì - haven't seen a yellow strip specifically, but blue lights that flash intermittently. there doesn't seem to be a strobe light directed anywhere, but light does reach the ground from the chopper.

last night, anyway, the ****ing thing seemed to circle interminably. about 2 hrs it seemed, from about 1 to 3 in the morning. horrible ****ing sound when you have the DT's. ruined my night's sleep. the whole thing's beginning to disconcert me just a bit to be honest.

Advertisement