Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any feedback on carroll village sc

Options
  • 21-07-2008 9:11pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6

Hi, Im considering setting up a business in dundalk and had been informed that there were free units in carroll village sc. rent is ok, but short lease, i notice that theres a lot of free units, anybody know anything before I proceed any further ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I think really it depends on what the business is. If its good (or unique) enough to attract people in to the place then why not? Worth a shot I suppose. You're always going to get the Superquinn shoppers in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Isnt Superquinn closing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If it isn't on the main corridor I'd forget it. Also, most people go to the Marshes now so it may get/be very quiet in Carroll Village. If it's a short lease it may be worth a punt.

Maybe they're only offering short leases' as they could pull the plug if Superquinn go*.

*total speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There have been unfounded rumours about Superquinn alomost from the day it opened! I don't think you'll get a lot of passing trade generally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The only thing the carroll village is good for is the budget travelshop, nothing else of any interest in it and its always very quiet whenever I'm there and there is loads of units closed up.

i'd hold out for a better location unless your service is unique and you have a decent budget for advertising

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 dunne08

thanks for this, did some more researh via the tenants - so definately going to steer clear.

Advertisement