Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector problems

Options
  • 21-07-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi
    i am having some problems connecting my vista laptop to my projector.I'm using the parallel 15 pin cable. Have tried the different modes using the FN+F8 key but nothing. have adjusted the settings in "display settings" too but to no avail.

Have also tried a couple of different resolutions but don't think this is the problem because when i change mode, the reso changes too.

The projector appears to be in good working order as my ps3 works perfectly with it,albeit through a scart plug.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭DanR

As far as I am aware you need to use the cable with the blue ends on it. If I can remember the name of it I will let you know! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭spudwiser

Aye to be sure that's the one i'm using - a "parallel" or "15 pin" i think tis called

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

The 15 pin cable you are referring to is called a VGA cable or D-Sub 15.

I think the problem might be the projector source. A projector has a number of sources for each input. HDMI, DVI, VGA, Composite, S-Video etc depending on the projector.

Make sure the source is set to VGA. Your PS3 probably uses the HDMI source.

HTH...

Advertisement