Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurobird 28.5

Options
  • 21-07-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    Got a LIDL silvercrest system and have it lined up on Astra 28.2. I have a single LNB with 2 outputs. I can also see Sirius 2.0.

Is it possible for me to tune in Eurobird 28.5 without touching the dish ?, i.e. can I get bothe Astra 28.2 and Eurobird 28.5 simultaneaously on a single LNB and Dish setup.

Tks
    OJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Depending on the size of the dish (Lidl have had at least 3 different sizes), you should be able to get 28.2 and 28.5 on the same dish. If you're not getting 28.5 right now, you'll either have to make sure your LNB is skewed correctly to optimise the signal, or tweak the dish so that you compromise between getting 28.2 and 28.5.

Dunno what you mean about Sirius 2.0??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Yes their both meant to be recieved together.

Re Sirius, the receiver comes pretuned with channels from Sirius and Astra 1, you won't be able to receive any of these without aligning the dish towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless you have a big dish, bigger than 1.1m, then if you are aligned on 28.2 you will be getting 28.5

Forget the lists in the receiver. They don't mean much unless you are motorised or have a Multiswitch / Diseqc multi LNB system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ordinary Joe

Thanks for assistance, been away for a couple of days.

Its an 80cm dish so I'll have a go at finding 28.5 on the receiver this evening. 28.5 is not one of the default options so I guess I'll have to dig deeper into the Manual.

Sirius is one of the default options and I can see 13 channels on it - all crap, must be something else.

OJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

99% of receivers treat 28.2 and 28.5 as the same satellite slot - sometimes it will appear listed as 'Astra2/Eurobird 1' while other times it will just show up as 'Astra2' depending on the receiver model. Eurobird 1 is practically never listed as a separate satellite.

Advertisement