Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gota go back down under.Its no wonder

Options
  • 21-07-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hows it going

I have been to Oz on WHV and really enjoyed my time there. I have just completed my PGDE in Ireland. I am fully qualified history and
    geography teacher
    I would like to return to OZ to teach asap.

I believe there is a demand for teachers in Western Australia. Is it situation whereby i could work there for a year and them move on?(prefer to live in Melebourne)

I have an Uncle who is an Australian citizen who is more than willing to sponsor me if that helps.
    I have just turned 30 and would rather like to move to Australia in the shortest time possible.
    Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Nice one

Slace

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Slace, welcome to boards.ie but please don't post the same question more than once in different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Slace wrote: »
    Hows it going

I have been to Oz on WHV and really enjoyed my time there. I have just completed my PGDE in Ireland. I am fully qualified history and
    geography teacher
    I would like to return to OZ to teach asap.

I believe there is a demand for teachers in Western Australia. Is it situation whereby i could work there for a year and them move on?(prefer to live in Melebourne)

I have an Uncle who is an Australian citizen who is more than willing to sponsor me if that helps.
    I have just turned 30 and would rather like to move to Australia in the shortest time possible.
    Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Nice one

Slace

Hey Slace

Try here you will get all the answers you need to any questions you may have.;)
    http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Slace

I didnt mean to post the first question as a reply, since it was a question

A rookie mistake

Slace

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Hi Slace,

I've applied to WA as a secondary teacher and will be heading out in jan 09.

They are recruiting at the moment for teachers for July 09 and beyond.

There are a couple of ways you can do this -
    Permanent residency - apply for your PR visa and then get a job when you get there. takes a while, quite pricey plus you need 12 months teaching experience to qualify as a teacher. A problem with Vic is that they, as most states, don't need teachers in the big cities such as Melbourne, but in their smaller towns. My cousin is a HeadTeacher out there and he says the good jobs often go to people who've done their time in the small towns.

457 - be sponsored by an employer, stay with them 2 years then they apply for PR for you. All the states have their own list of what subjects are in demand, WA as you can imagine being more rural or spread out, has more demand for different subjects.
    Down side is you'll have no real say in where they put you - it will likely be regional/rural whatever state you go to.

For WA I would start loking here: http://www.det.wa.edu.au/teachingwa/detcms/portal/

For other regions, I would just google - 'teach in victoria' or 'teach in new south wales' for example. They usually have recruitment website which will detail which subjects are on the list for sponsorship.

Advertisement