Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - SEO ??? Social Networking ???

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice regarding online exposure or marketing as you may call it smile.gif

If I had a company which I wanted to promote online and drive SEO should I be looking into Social Networking as a resource …

I have been thinking of setting up a Bebo, MySpace, Facebook pages for the company and seeing if I can join specific groups related to the specific type of business

We are also looking into blogging and currently have an active Youtube account for videos

The company is a Software company

Any help/advice from anyone out there with experience or something to offer is greatly appreciated smile.gif

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Blogging is a great way to add content and get in touch with yoiur visitors. I would stay away from free blogs, rather host it on your own server.

As for MySpace / Facebook, I don't think many companies in Ireland (esp. in the software business) really have one. Spamming on social networks could generate a lot of bad rep for your company.

But for SEO you should look at a lot of other things too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cop41

Thanks for the quick response Pablo ;)

I have been using Linkedin and find it excellent.

We are just starting a blog which we are hosting on our own server. Using Joomla to manage it.

Any more SEO tips ?

I really want to promote the site/company/products and I want to drive traffic but I do not want to SPAM and I am very cautious of this

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

The best thing you can do for traffic is to add (great) content to capture long tail searches. Also you should seek out good quality links from other websites, and try to get listed on DMOZ.org and other popular directories. There are a few Irish directories too.

Advertisement