Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4/N4 Lucan Exit

Options
  • 21-07-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

I am travelling up to dublin and I need to get from the M4 over to citywest. Am I right in thinking that if I take the Lucan exit off the motorway I can go on a straight road (the R113) all the way down over the M7 and on to City West?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I would think the R120, through Newcastle is a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I am travelling up to dublin and I need to get from the M4 over to citywest. Am I right in thinking that if I take the Lucan exit off the motorway I can go on a straight road (the R113) all the way down over the M7 and on to City West?

Come off at the Woodies/Foxhunter exit of the N 4. This road will take you to Baldonnell and Citywest avoiding the M 50 and Red Cow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Come off at the Woodies/Foxhunter exit of the N 4. This road will take you to Baldonnell and Citywest avoiding the M 50 and Red Cow :)
    Yes, this is the R136 and is well signed. Take it all the way to the N7 then head southbound (signs for N7 Limerick/Naas) and head down the N7 for about 2 mins and you'll see the flyover into citywest. Take the exit here and when you get to the roundabout at the top of the slip, turn right (3rd exit) and your on the main 'boulevard' or whatever it's called in Citywest (it's also the N82 for some reason).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

murphaph wrote: »
    Yes, this is the R136 and is well signed.

Except on the N4, where its not signed at all! The junction for it just reads "Lucan", though unlike on the N7 the signage hasn't been updated since the road opened. The R136 itself has some of the best signage you'll see on any R-road with clear advance directional signs before every junction and flag signs at the junction (no route confirmation signs, though).

The R113, incidently, is the next exit (heading east, future N4 J2) and will also get you to the N7, albeit at Newland's Cross where you'll have to negotiate a rather slow set of lights. It also isn't dual carriageway (until south of the N7) unlike the R136.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

Thanks for the info guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement