Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky digital

Options
  • 21-07-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

anybody haveing any trouble with sky lately or is it just my sky box on the blink, jaysus its reckin my head lately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Mine is playing up PB ~ kind of thought the same as you, wasn't sure if it was crows on the box or flipping Sky itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

it dosent seem to be all the channels though just the ones i want to watch like all the sports channels:mad:,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is your box close to a cordless phone. It can cause certain channels to be blocky or disappear.

If not, I'd be looking towards the tuner in your digibox.

can i do anything about the tuner myself or do i have to get someone out to look at it, thanks for the reply as well

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I see the B******s are putting up the price of the packages again in September.

• Advertisement

ah jaysus how much are they goin up by

• Subscribers Posts: 41,406 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

no matter how bad sky is, they cant be as bad as chorus... im sick to the teeth with them.... all the weekends sport was ruined by bad reception and interrupted sound. AND THEYRE PUTTING THEIR PRICES UP AS WELL!!

im seriously considering moving over to sky.. .any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

You may need to get the dish readjusted, if it's off by a couple of degrees then it'll result in dodgy reception.

The guys in the Satellite forum may be able to give more advice.

I was thinking of getting the Sky +, but I'm not interested in having a phone line installed, so that pretty much cuts that one out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

After years of being stuck with Chorus in my folks place, switched to Sky+ because I decided that NOBODY COULD BE AS BAD AS CHORUS and have not looked back since. Didnt bother getting a phoneline installed either, even though they really want you to have one, coz it means you might buy films from box office etc. all I needed to do was get the guy installing it to initialise the card for me using his own connection (and box). Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

P.S. Apologies PB, that was directed at Connundrum, forgot to answer your original question: Mine seems fine.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

No problems here, but i don't watch it much at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

connundrum wrote: »
    You may need to get the dish readjusted, if it's off by a couple of degrees then it'll result in dodgy reception.

The guys in the Satellite forum may be able to give more advice.

I was thinking of getting the Sky +, but I'm not interested in having a phone line installed, so that pretty much cuts that one out. :(

I got mine in in January and you don't need a phone line, the only time you do need a phone line is if you want sky + in more than 1 room. I got one of those internal signal thingys so i can still watch tv upstairs but it means that both tv's show the same thing, but it works for us!

where did you get that genie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

sky + is brilliant!

as it happens we now have sky + for free!!! we had a huge mix up and we paid for a whole year of multi room and then it was cancelled and a big mess happend but now it seems that we dont pay for sky + anymore. is it cos its always included and has sky upgraded their packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Was thinking on getting sky+ because I seen the offer for 49quid. Then realised this was for new customers only! :mad:

ports best wrote: »
    where did you get that genie

I can't remember what it's actually called but I got it in D.I.D. in Newbridge. think it's just called a digital sender. Anyway you get a sender and it goes next to your sky box and the receiver plugs into the 2nd tv anywhere in the house, you can still use the sky remote through the receiver so it's dead handy.
    Cost about 80 quid

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

genie_us wrote: »
    I can't remember what it's actually called but I got it in D.I.D. in Newbridge. think it's just called a digital sender. Anyway you get a sender and it goes next to your sky box and the receiver plugs into the 2nd tv anywhere in the house, you can still use the sky remote through the receiver so it's dead handy.
    Cost about 80 quid

Argos do them aswell AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

kikel wrote: »
    Argos do them aswell AFAIK

Think your right, a friend on mine got one of them in Argos i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Is it just as simple as "plug them in and away you go" or do you need to get someone to come in and stick some wires through some walls or something (very technical I know). I'd like to get a small TV in the spare room and we don't have any kind of TV reception without Sky so it would be nice to set it up with the channels and anyone staying over would be able to watch something (on a different Sky box that is, not whatever one I'm watching :D )

• Advertisement

Plug and go in general ~ there is a bit of faffing just getting the signal right ~ think of all those times trying get the 'rabbit ears' in the perfect place years ago and that's as technical as it gets..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Plug and go in general ~ there is a bit of faffing just getting the signal right ~ think of all those times trying get the 'rabbit ears' in the perfect place years ago and that's as technical as it gets..

heh years ago..:D...I was doing that less than a year ago (when I rented in Dublin we had NTL in living room and had the Irish channels on a portable TV in the bedroom). I still look on it as a luxury to lie in bed now and watch exotic channels like gasp...BBC1 and Channel 4 ;)

Thanks Curvy, will definitely invest in some of those. Recession, what recession?!? I WILL have a TV in every room :D

DéiseGirl wrote: »
    Thanks Curvy, will definitely invest in some of those. Recession, what recession?!? I WILL have a TV in every room :D

Can i come live in your house?????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

ports best wrote: »
    anybody haveing any trouble with sky lately or is it just my sky box on the blink, jaysus its reckin my head lately

Could you be more specific? Is it poor reception you're talking about? A weird thing has started happening to me lately. When you change channel or a program goes to or comes back from an ad break the screen goes black for a few seconds. When it comes back the TV shows HDMI1 as if the signal had totally disappeared. My sky goes through a Yamaha receiver where it's upscaled for the TV so I'm not sure where the problem lies...

DéiseGirl wrote: »
    Is it just as simple as "plug them in and away you go" or do you need to get someone to come in and stick some wires through some walls or something (very technical I know). I'd like to get a small TV in the spare room and we don't have any kind of TV reception without Sky so it would be nice to set it up with the channels and anyone staying over would be able to watch something (on a different Sky box that is, not whatever one I'm watching :D )

Hiya,

with mine I just plug it in and switch it on. Never have any problems with signals or anything! There's a little ariel type of wire with a sticky bit underneath which I stuck onto the side of my sky box. It fell off once and the tv upstairs got a bit fuzzy but other than that it's perfect.
    I never had to make the OH stand downstairs on one leg holding it up over his head to get it to work :p

genie_us wrote: »
    I never had to make the OH stand downstairs on one leg holding it up over his head to get it to work :p

Or maybe you did but it was nothing to do with the tv aeriel ;)

Or maybe you did but it was nothing to do with the tv aeriel ;)

ha ha well now that you mention it.. :p

tsk tsk naughty curvy....:rolleyes:

Advertisement