Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** - TUES,JUL 22nd @ 21:00, WESLEY ; Templeogue Astros V Boardeaux

Options
  • 21-07-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

so, were playing the 2nd best team in the league, with the possibility that if they beat us, they could go top with results going their way. so they 're good. i missed the last game, but i think it was 1-0 to them, so we didnt do too badly. we have a habit of producing 1 or 2 big games each season against the top team and this is our chance to do it and take some pride from the season. we have been doing ok for the past 3-4 weeks, with 1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses, but performances have been good. hopefully we will have one or 2 players back for this one. lets give it a shot, it wont be easy......

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - YES
    Dan - No (injured)
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay -
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Jules – No (injured)
    Art -
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) -
    Owen -

Others -

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Add me and Lepo for this. Ben is away in germania so won't be there.

Martin (or anybody else) I'll be going from the flat through town if you need a lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh I'll be there. Will let you know Simon if I need a lift or what. Will probably take one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'll just make kickoff...hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Savman wrote: »
    I'll just make kickoff...hopefully.

Ditto.

Same as last week, meant to work till 9.30 but hoping to leave early and be up just before kick off. But its half hour earlier so possibly be a few minutes late and join subs bench.

Oh, and Joe rang me earlier asking about time and venue so he should be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

btw I'll have Al in tow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ok, possibly we are not looking too bad so, we need as many of our squad as possible for this. i can feel one big performance left in us...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I can't make it I'm afraid. Will be working late all this week. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

can't make this one i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I won't be unfortunately, and will possibly miss next week also. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

think this is right so far -

Carl -
    Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (injured)
    Michael - YES
    Geoff -
    Simon - YES
    Cathal -
    Shay - NO
    Colm - NO
    Gav -
    Sav - YES (But maybe late)
    Kenny -
    Lepo - YES
    Jules – NO (injured)
    Art - YES

Eddie(Nunu) - YES (but will be late)

Iain (j_o_c) -
    Owen - NO (away)

Others -

Ben - NO (away)
    Al - YES (But maybe late)

will we have 11 to start with? any word back yet from the non posters Des?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

you forgot Lepo there ed

Gileadi wrote: »
    you forgot Lepo there ed

look again :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've texted the rest....

Carl - Yes
    Martin - YES
    Ed - YES
    Dan - NO (injured)
    Michael - YES
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - YES
    Cathal - Yes
    Shay - NO
    Colm - NO
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - YES (But maybe late)
    Kenny -
    Lepo - YES
    Jules – NO (injured)
    Art - YES

Eddie(Nunu) - YES (but will be late)

Iain (j_o_c) - no
    Owen - NO (away)

Others -

Ben - NO (away)
    Al - YES (But maybe late)

so looks like so far, its 9 plus waiting for kenny. whats up with gav, he is red but you have him as a Ues??is he in or out?

then we have 3 who maybe late.....also, of the 9 so far, 8 play in defence or have played there over the past 2 weeks :eek:

8-1-1 it is so.

Gav is in, sorry about making a typo or two.

Ed, we'll make do with what we have, ok. We'll just have to.

Des wrote: »
    8-1-1 it is so.

Gav is in, sorry about making a typo or two.

Ed, we'll make do with what we have, ok. We'll just have to.

ah ya, we will be grand...we have plenty of options and with sav/al and eddie too, we should be well ok. having gav in there, will make us stronger also.

8-1-1, im all up for that, frustrate them and then pounce on the break late on.:D

2-2

Well battled lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh hard fought lads. Plenty of positives for next season.

best performance of the season. well done to everybody, we got stuck in and battled hard. we were well up for this and it showed on the pitch. i think a draw was a fair result but we you dont expect to win these games easily. 2 late chances to win it from art and gav, but cant complain, understrength, a new look defence again for the umpteenth time season and we more than matched a team that can win the league.

goal scorers - art put us 1 up and martin from a penalty put us 2-1 up. they equalised from a savage cross and header with bout 5 mins left. i think they are a very physical team and indeed their first game came from a header from a ser piece, though it was lucky more than anything else. they had height right across their 4 midfielders which was vital when they had set pieces.

overall, a good night for boardeaux, we have been doing ok over the past month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Great stuff lads, they're a very good team and would have been giving it everything so that's not only a good result but sounds like an excellent performance as it seems it wouldn't been unjust had we won it. Shows the promise this squad has.

had they won, they would now be top. we did ss rovers a bif favour tonight as they drew with roys rovers (we lost last week, there 5 points off 2nd now).

just goes to show, that with a bit of bite and a semi consistent team, we can match the top teams.

Advertisement