Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flippin roadworks

Options
  • 21-07-2008 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭

is all our regular commuters getting caught at the works the Carlow side of Castledermot? I've been trying to figure out is it quicker to go down the motorway turn off the Wexford road and head back towards town, I'm in askea or to go down the back road and come out at the golf club? i keep chancing my luck with the lights but 90% of the time get stuck at them and its a pain in the ass, your stuck for at least 5 mins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I use the route from Greenacres to Moone High Cross Inn, seems to be the best option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I use the route from Greenacres to Moone High Cross Inn, seems to be the best option for me.

did it this evening and this morning, its not bad alright.

takes about 15 minutes yes/no? How sweet is the road at the back of kilkea castle? Its about 3 widths now... I loves it i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

So there are delays after Castledermot? Is it from and to a particular a time?

I don't know what time the start or finish but they're there from 7 till after 5 anyway.

They seem to be widening the road on the carlow side of the roundabouts so, they've reduced traffic to one lane for a small stretch of the road, which of course means.... A traffic light operated stop go system

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ah old skool carlow again anyone remember getting from dublin to carlow in less than 40minutes:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

I often use the route from Moone High Cross Inn too and come in the athy road via the old sugra factory.
    Its not only the roadworks that are causing the delay, its the stupid new traffic lights they have put into Castledermot are causing some of the delay too. Roll on the new motorway! I have been travelling on and off for the past 5 years to Dublin and Naas and I cant remember a time when there wasnt roadworks happening sometime in Castledermot. I feel sorry for the people that live in that town.

takes about 15 minutes yes/no? How sweet is the road at the back of kilkea castle? Its about 3 widths now... I loves it i do.

yeh the road is brilliant now... 3 widths is deadly yeh 15mins i think.

I don't know what time the start or finish but they're there from 7 till after 5 anyway.

They seem to be widening the road on the carlow side of the roundabouts so, they've reduced traffic to one lane for a small stretch of the road, which of course means.... A traffic light operated stop go system

they seem to be 24/7 in place. well they were during the week anyhow.
    car wrote: »
    I often use the route from Moone High Cross Inn too and come in the athy road via the old sugra factory.
    Its not only the roadworks that are causing the delay, its the stupid new traffic lights they have put into Castledermot are causing some of the delay too. Roll on the new motorway! I have been travelling on and off for the past 5 years to Dublin and Naas and I cant remember a time when there wasnt roadworks happening sometime in Castledermot. I feel sorry for the people that live in that town.

yeh it must be a nightmare to live there alright. i mostly come in by the sugar factory too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

They new traffic lights in castledermot are pathetic.. what genius thought of them.. I live 3 miles on the dublin side of castledermot and i work in carlow and i can safely say i have stayed well out of roadworks hell (castledermot). When i go to work iv no other choice but to go down by the moone high cross, left at charlie whynnes, you come down by kilkea castle and take a left, into the back of castledermot, down by the terrace and through all the windy roads into oak park :mad:

NervyChick wrote: »
    They new traffic lights in castledermot are pathetic.. what genius thought of them.. I live 3 miles on the dublin side of castledermot and i work in carlow and i can safely say i have stayed well out of roadworks hell (castledermot). When i go to work iv no other choice but to go down by the moone high cross, left at charlie whynnes, you come down by kilkea castle and take a left, into the back of castledermot, down by the terrace and through all the windy roads into oak park :mad:

but you can boot along those roads handy enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 squiggles

I go through castledermot every morning and every evening, the traffic lights arent too bad, you'll only be stuck for one red light, whoevers waiting always seems to get through before the go red again.

Its the tail back on the way home on the dublin side of castledermot that kills me. and it doesnt look like its going to change... at least until the new motorway opens

squiggles wrote: »
    I go through castledermot every morning and every evening, the traffic lights arent too bad, you'll only be stuck for one red light, whoevers waiting always seems to get through before the go red again.

Its the tail back on the way home on the dublin side of castledermot that kills me. and it doesnt look like its going to change... at least until the new motorway opens

go the shortcuts as mentioned in this thread and the commuting one, i got from clondalkin to carlow in an hour this evening in peak bank holiday traffic, turning at moone high cross inn.

Advertisement