Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generation Kill - The Cradle of Civilization

Options
  • 20-07-2008 9:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bravo Company gets an order to treat any Iraqi, holding a weapon, as a hostile.

Really looking forward to how this plays out

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very much enjoyed this - the long moments of boredom followed by moments of terror. We got to see how orders get screwed up but the company takes the blame and how people have to kow-tow to the various ranks.

The shots along the road, outside the city, with all the various bodies was damn freaky and really quite disturbing. Ditto for some of the scenes in the devastated city.

Beautiful closing shot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Watched the 2nd EP last night, finally some action! I like it so far, very like Jarhead in showing the boredom and frustration of the grunts on the ground.
    I don't know anyone's name yet (just like the Wire I suppose). Only downside is that EP2 definitely increases the cliche factor towards the end.

Captain America FCUK YEAH!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

THought it was good. Action was decent and I dont think they are hamming it up to much.

One thing I do find hard to follow is the command structure. Dont know whats going on there

Advertisement