Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dethleffs zig unit manual.

Options
  • 20-07-2008 8:49pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I,ve just bought my first camper, a Fiat Talento Globetrotter 1992, and as usual al the manuals are in german. I am looking for a site for the manual for the zig unit. Or if some one has a similar camper with a Dethleffs 804 board control unit, maybe they could give me the full lowdown on the proper operation of the zig unit.

Incidentally the zig unit is operating perfectly, but I,d like to get the proper operation procedure from some one, or a manual.

Thanks.

kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Never seen a Dethleffs one, but these things are usually pretty generic.

You would usually find the following:

on / off switches for:
    - all 12 V electrics in the cmping bit (light, pumps fans, etc)
    - the water pump
    - the battery charger
    - maybe the fridge (rare though)

toggle switches combined with displays (either little lamps or dials)
    - battery voltage - main batt / leisure batt
    - water level - tank 1 / tank 2 or fresh / waste

That's it really ...no real "operating" to be done with these things

If you have a specific question, make a pic/scan of the passage in the manual ant I kan doo ze trantzlashion :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi peasant,

Are you sure you can actually " transzl8" it for me.......:D

I suppose what info I,m really after is regarding the main switch on the zig control board. Should this be on or off when I,m hooked up to the 220 mains. Should it be on or off when I,m driving, or parked. Or does it really matter.

I dont want to fry me electrics..as well as me bangers' n' mash....;)

kadman

Yes I can translate (being German kinda helps :D) but on my panel the 220V switch actually only activates the charger (when 220/230/240 whatever volt is connected) With the switch off and 220 connected you can still run the fridge or plug in the telly/ toaster.

With the switch on and the 220 disconnected nothing happens of course ...nothing goes wrong either.

Unless you mean the 12V main switch ?

That basically is the main on/off for everyting and it is recommended that you switch it to off while youre driving or absent. So that you don't have lights acidentally emptying your battery / the pump accidentally filling your camper without you noticing

Apologies peasant.

On my camper the pump runs , regardless of the switch position, with the 220v disconnected. So maybe the switch only controls the charger when the 220 is connected.

The paragraph in the manual associated with the large switch on the panel is as follows.

12 V Hauptschalter fur die gesamte 12 v Anlage im Wohnbereiche 7 und 6. Schalte zentral, mit Ausnahme des kuhlschranks alle 12 V Verbraucher EIN bzw Aus.

Thanks
    kadman

kadman wrote: »
    12 V Hauptschalter fur die gesamte 12 v Anlage im Wohnbereiche 7 und 6. Schalte zentral, mit Ausnahme des kuhlschranks alle 12 V Verbraucher EIN bzw Aus.

yepp ..that would be the 12 V main switch, switches all 12 V users (except for the fridge) on and off. Don't know what the 6 and 7 refers to.

If your water pump runs with the main switch off, then that is not as Dethleffs intended, someone must have fiddled with it.

Everything 12 V runs on 12 V (via the battery ) only. Normal campers usually don't have an inverter for 220 V. If you plug in the mains, all you can do is charge the battery, so it last longer (and plug in any 220 V appliances that you may have brought along). Your lights fans and water pump do not normally run directly off 220V.

• Advertisement

5 ...12V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis .Kuhlschrank....
    6....12 V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis 1 im Wohnbereiche.
    7.....12 V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis 11 im Wohnbereiche.

The three small fused circuit breakers on the panel are numbered 5,6,7, in the manual as referred to above.

Thats the 6 & 7 in the manual.

Does the mains charge the battery, regardless of the main switch position.

Am I right in saying that the main switch is for isolating the 12 volt circuits in the living area.

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    5 ...12V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis .Kuhlschrank....
    6....12 V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis 1 im Wohnbereiche.
    7.....12 V Sicherungsautomat fur stromkreis 11 im Wohnbereiche.

The three small fused circuit breakers on the panel are numbered 5,6,7, in the manual as referred to above.

Thats the 6 & 7 in the manual.

those are the fuses for 5)fridge 6) circuit number 1 7) circuit number 11
    Does the mains charge the battery, regardless of the main switch position.
    Yes, provided that the main fuse/cuircuit braker for mains is on and that the "on" switch for the charger (if ther e is one, some units are always on once mains is connected) is in the on position. On some units you also may have a togle switch to deciede which battery you want to charge, others charge both at the same time
    Am I right in saying that the main switch is for isolating the 12 volt circuits in the living area.
    correct

I found a wiring diagram for my Cilara 804 board, so it might explain a bit more for me too.

As far as I can figure it, the large switch that I,m interested in is basically down position for the leisure battery use. And up for the 220v mains use. In either position the leisure battery is charged.

Thanks for your help peasant, any further tips on proper use, much appreciated.

kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

i've got a full wiring diagram from dethleffs, however i'll have to wait till i can use a broadband connection to send it, unless you can pm me your email (i have it in my gmail account)... its all auf deutsch... however it shows where all the wires should go to.

i also had a few questions answered on its function within this forum... searchout my posts as i posted some pics as well.

what van have you? i've a 92 globetrotter (a521? i never quite worked out the model number) on a 2.5 ducato.

chris

Hi chrisblack,

I,ll pm my e mail address, as I,d be interested in the wiring diagram. In my experience you can never have enough reference material ect..thanks.

I,ll check out your posts as well.

I bought a 1992 Fiat talento ( basically a ducato , I think ) 1.9 diesel. Model number I,m not too sure about, as I have not received the vehicle cert yet.

My father has a 1992 Fiat , Weinsberg long wheel base, so I finally took the plunge. He,s enjoying it immensely, at 76, so I thought its about time for me as well.

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 greatstuff

dear chrisblank, would you send me the diagram from dethleffs too please...im having problems with charging the batteries and working the 12 v switches and finding the amp on the wire beside the main battery in the engine, i dont know what it looks like, i would like to learn as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beana

Hi Chris,
    We have a Dethleff Avantgarde and are having problems with the electrics, and don't have a wiring diagram. Is the one you have suitable, and would you be happy to email it?
    I have the manual, but doesn't really help for this problem.
    Regards

Beana

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

What are the problems ? I don't have any manuals , but haven't failed to sort out any wiring problems yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Hi Beana

If you pm me your email I'll send the wiring diagram to you, to see if it will be of any use.

And sorry for the slow reply, I'm not a very frequent visitor here anymore.

Chris

Advertisement