Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 20th

Options
  • 20-07-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

So what do people think of clarkys whole neck thing in the GTR. Real or Fake?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was thinking hangover, boys might have gone on the lash after their race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Feck,

Forgot this was on but watching the 2nd half now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Wasnt a bad show. that was some horn on clarksons classic merc, like a bloody fog horn.

The GTR was an animal of a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love the Merc, pity Clarkson didn't demo its hydraulics properly (check the Quinten Wilson review on youtube). The last fearture was toss and a complete fake - look smart and you will spot a pair of cone shaped trees in the background on two seperate occasions, when JC is supposedly miles futher along the they pop up a second time.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Love the Merc, pity Clarkson didn't demo its hydraulics properly (check the Quinten Wilson review on youtube). The last fearture was toss and a complete fake - look smart and you will spot a pair of cone shaped trees in the background on two seperate occasions, when JC is supposedly miles futher along the they pop up a second time.

Mike.

yea, the only funny thing in the whole hunt thing, was when clarkson "Helped" hammond onto his horse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I thought the hunt was good.

It wasn't all bad the girl behind Hammond was nicely stacked as was the one in the studio segement when May looked at the new Renualt (that won't be built) she was to the left in light cream.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It wasn't all bad the girl behind Hammond was nicely stacked as was the one in the studio segement when May looked at the new Renualt (that won't be built) she was to the left in light cream.

Mike.

WOW.....I admire your attention to detail Mike :D

Mike.

you do realise its a car show, not oggle the audience..... but ill look out for her on the repeat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I thought the hunt was good.

I thought so too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was thinking the same about clarksons neck. But iam not sure who cares. Wasn't a bad episode, a good sundays entertainment!
    Wasn't a huge fan of the Hunt thing, thought it was kinda silly, but still not the worst top gear piece either.

I for one am a happy chappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭positron

I really enjoyed that hunt - that might be a cheap SUV it goes... like a rabbit..!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Hated the concept car from renualt, absolutley horrible. Thing looked so fake inside. The peugeot look very, very nice. Love the hunt bit, very clever! And the suv moved very well i thought, lol'ed when jc hit his head on the roof! But what is happening with the "stars in a reasonablely priced car" two at a time, is there that much demand?

All in all another good show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i thought he said the datsun was terrible last wekk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I hate to say this, but the more I watch this show, the worse it gets. The SIRPC segment is rubbish, a bunch of nobody's driving a heap of Korean crap around the track, and the rest of it is getting too scripted for its own good. Clarkson hurting his neck, come on..... :rolleyes:

After watching TG from the early 90's on YouTube, I nearly find them more enjoyable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

I for one believe Clarkson about the neck thing, I remember before on an earlier season he saud he hurt his neck and needed and operation which he apparently had. Could be a flar up of the old injury.

The hunt was a bit far fetched all be it enjoyable. GTR is something else though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

token56 wrote: »
    GTR is something else though.

Sure is. On Gran Turismo TV they show it going flat out on the Autobahn :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

That GTR is class, im not a lover of jap cars but this things mad. I went around the track faster than most of the supercars:eek:

The highlight of the show for me was when Clarkson was boasting how his Merc's boot could close automatically. Then cheeky James says "oh I only noticed how difficult thats to do now" and opens his own one and closes it buy hand. I lol'd!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I loved the hunt segment. It looked sore when Clarkson smacked his head on the roof.

I agree it is a bit over scripted. I wonder how many takes do they do when in the studio with the audience. Then again JC can across as bit of a pric with May and Hamster as puppets.

id love to see the hunt reinacted, with quads instead of horses. more POWER.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

When the lads were sitting on the couch the girl over Hammons shoulder did indeed have a great set of airbags.

I believe the neck part could easily be done and he has had problems in the past with it I thought the hunt was enjoyable but did anyone notice the parts where it was just the Terios in the field pulling skids on its own it didnt have the black tail with the scent of the fox on it. Best part was the Hammond scream "ah a tree" while he's horse riding through a woods.

Clarkson has done his lower back in as well - too many lateral forces while not fully supported.

Mike.

Clarkson has done his lower back in as well - too many lateral forces while not fully supported.

Mike.

thats true, in a few eps, ive seen clarkson driving around the track and been bounced around the seat a fair bit

Is it a suprise Capt Slow is the only one not crocked? :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

i thought the show last night was good.
    I especially liked the 'stars in the cheap cars' part..with the two dragons. Good ould Peter Jones!

I do think that Jeremy did his neck in....but post editing where they added the muffled "oh i don't want to make a fuss" was just plain cheesy.

I watch the show cuz its genuinely funny and a really well put together programme...but having said that i tolerate Jeremy Clarkson....and last's night little poor me section was annoying, to say the least. He's 73 going on 13.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I would tend to believe his bad neck story, as anyone tall will tell you (I'm 6 foot 4), you will put your back out at some stage. The 1 thing that most supercars aren't designed for is the larger gentleman, I noticed on the Japanese stage in the nissan that his legs were very high up, not at all comfortable.

So someone just after driving for ~12 hours across different terrians and having to run up stone steps the day (or a few days) before could potentially put his back out.

I thought the hunting thing was a bit forced, I would imagine that it was almost real time that was shown.

It is 1 of the few shows that I make an effort to watch when it's on first time around and I'm enjoying the repeats that I havn't seen on Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

aoife161 wrote: »
    He's 73 going on 13.

Eh?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson (born 11 April 1960)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

ok....let me dumb it down a bit..... :)
    he LOOKS 73....but ACTS like he's going on 13.

Seriously I think James and Richard are hilarious in their own right...but there's something about 'Clarky' that makes me wanna smack him one.

Clear example of that, last night Peter Jones says he's 17 stone 10 lbs; Jeremy says, "You fat Bastard"....

Eh, that wasn't very nice now was it? And he far from being overweight. I understand he meant it as a joke...but no one laughed. It wasn't funny. He's just a bit too much at times.

For me anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I Lol'd at The Stig said you were brilliant. And well you were s**t:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

aoife161 wrote: »
    Eh, that wasn't very nice now was it? And he far from being overweight. I understand he meant it as a joke...but no one laughed.

Apart from the whole audience and Peter himself you mean?

Advertisement