Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geothermal instalation, with horizontal ground source

Options
  • 20-07-2008 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello, I am posting from Spain, where I live. I am going to have constructed my house, and I am considering to provide it with an horizontal geothermal instalation. I've got enough ground for it. Some numbers:

M2 FLOOR AREA: 180 m2
    WARM WATER AUNDERFLOOR HEATING
    TEMPERATURE (north of Spain): cold in winter (minumun -10º), quite hot in summer (maximun 35º)
    HEAT PUMPER: 15,4 kw

My installation engineer told me, that it´s not neccesary to test the ground, i.e. to know its geothermic characteristics or perfomance. The reason I was given was that, when the instalation is horizontal, they oversize the whole system by default. I am not sure about it, because the technology is quite new and unknown in Spain, and I suspect professionals have still little experience on it.

On the other hand, what heat pumper trade do you recommend me? I heard about NIBE as one of the best ones. Is it correct? Any similar alternative?

Thanks!

Advertisement