Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50km/h speed limit for Athlone bypass

Options
  • 19-07-2008 10:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

50km/h limit on Athlone bypass

A special 50km/h speed limit is effective on the N6 Athlone bypass until December 2008.

Road users can anticipate delays along this stretch of the Dublin-Galway road between now and the end of the current calendar year.

The lower speed limit applies from the Blyry Industrial Estate interchange to Kilmartins roundabout.

This limit is being enforced by the Traffic Corps and failure to comply will lead to penalty points.

grrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Why ?

Where did that news story come from, it looks like the old report about the speed limit imposed during the construction of the (recently opened) M6 interchange.
    Is this not a pre-existing limit, dec 08 was the worst case senario for the works!

edit: I see it in aaroadwatch.

Last week driving along there, I saw that on the section from the new roundabout to Kilmartins roundabout there are Permanent speed limit signs for 50kmh. (the report could refer to these, why the time limit?)
    It's only for the old N6 (now N62 Birr road), not the new main road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I understood that the Athlone-Ballinasloe scheme included some work on the old bypass .

The section from just west of the shannon bridge to the east of the Blyry overbridge (2-2.5km) is not a 120km standard today , it should be a 90km or a 100km section even if the sections west and east of Athlone become 120km stretches.

Advertisement