Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big change next week - potentially hot, dry and sunny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Hurrah!

Am I happy to see that??? I havent had a summer at all yet, as was away in April/May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

yay! I can moan about the sticky heat!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A zoomed up view:

ECMWFJuly23rdoutlook.jpg

Certainly looks promising. My only concern at this stage is that a tighter gradient squeeze is forecast over Ireland from thursday onwards as the high slips more to the east. Any breeze could peg back temps a small bit as well as taking the joy out of any heat; coupled with this it is a breeze that may suck up a lot of fog and murk along the south coast + dampening chances of big inland storms developing.

Hopefully ECM will slacken the flow in later runs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

big inland storms developing.
    Well nice breakdown for you there Pat on Thursday if it came off. Damn SE winds aiding and pushing all the fun out west again.

GFS 18Z still goes for a more UK breakdown on Wednesday with the high futher east compared to ECM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Typical, three days and a thunderstorm summer. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snowbie wrote: »
    Well nice breakdown for you there Pat on Thursday if it came off. Damn SE winds aiding and pushing all the fun out west again.

No doubt any potential will miss here Snowbie, there is still too much of a breeze forecast for thursday for my liking, although Nacho, being further north and more inland/elevated than me could become quite smug (again:D) come thursday.

I wouldn't rule out potential storms/thundery rain being a bit more widespread on thursday though, as the latest ECMWF/Hirlam seems to latching onto some sort of thundery band developing ahead of the main trough and moving up from the south/southeast.

Thursday.jpg

Still very early and subject to change, but the trend is consistant for now.
    Don't despair just yet Snowbie!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Hi Azores High ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

According to the BBC forecast at lunchtime today we are set for some thundery showers by the end of next week. To top it all off, it would be good if the mean temperature pushed up towards 14.8 by the end of the week:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

not sunny today in the southwesty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

For some reason meteireann have pulled back on their earlier forecasts of mid twenties to now only saying low twenties and "increasingly unsettled" on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like the hot weather will mainly effect the south eastern half of the UK, temperatures will be more normal around these parts.

Advertisement