Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Questions

Options
  • 19-07-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm entertaining the idea of buying a house to rent in my home town, which I may move into in the future. I know it's not the ideal economic climate to be purchasing but the price is good -$285k- and it's in a great location. This will be my first house and I have a few questions about mortgages before I start talking to brokers.

1. Will mortgage companies take into account the income I recieve from renting?
    2. Generally, what percentage of the mortgage does your nett yearly income have to be?
    3. I presume if I am buying to rent (albiet for the first couple of years) I get no relief on stamp duty?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement