Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing from irish to uk epg?

Options
  • 19-07-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I have a sky box with a uk ftv card setup in my parents house. I have all usual uk channels set up in other channels (channel 5, itvs and bbcs) and only c4 and bbc 1 and 2 in the regular channels guide. Is it possible to reset the box to have a epg without the irish channels and give some of the uk channels on the regular epg rather than the 'other channels'? hope this is clear enough?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

With a UK EPG, you shouldn't have to use other channels -- BBC One should be at 101, Two at 102, ITV/UTV at 103, Ch4 at 104, 5 at 105, Sky Three at 108, BBC Three and Four at 115 and 116 respectively and so on.

Some flicking of EPG pages alright (shortcut: use ch+ and ch- buttons instead of scrolling to speed up browsing throw channels).

Failing that, consider adding your favourite variations (NI, London, whatever) to your favourite channels. You can then flick through them using the blue button. You can have up to fifty favourite channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thanks, but my box is an irish one with rte1 to tg4 in the 101 to 104 positions and e4 doesn't work except in other channels. Is there a way of resetting the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes
    go Sky news, 501
    press Interactive
    wait till loads
    take out Irish card
    press backup and wait. Ignore requests to insert a card or error messages.

TO return to Irish EPG just insert card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it worked but weirdly not getting a listing for channel 4 or channel 5 at all.
    Will try and add them in other channels tho

edit: I know that without the ftc card inserted these channels are not viewable

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

sweetie wrote: »
    it worked but weirdly not getting a listing for channel 4 or channel 5 at all.
    Will try and add them in other channels tho

edit: I know that without the ftc card inserted these channels are not viewable
    You can receive Channel 4, E4, etc without the FTV card, but you'll have to manually tune the channels. Details on sticky thread at top of forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement