Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regular sky box

Options
  • 19-07-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hey there sky box is not working, dont use the tv that often so not 2 botherd bout gettin sky +
    when i called sky they said it wud cost a good bit bout 200 to have it fixed,
    when i asked cud i upgrade 2 sky + after seeing offer of 49 euro on tv they said yea but installation is 149, is this not just a reversal of old offer of 49 for installation, 149 for the box??
    any where i cud get around this, get a cheap sky digi box!
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

your options are limited, TBH.

you could try bluffing your way through the cancellation process with them and see what they'll offer you.

otherwise, you could actually legitmately cancel, then resign up for the €49 deal with a different name/number.

or your 3rd option is to look for a cheap 2nd hand digibox on ebay/adverts/buyandsell and set that up.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I agree with Norbert... threaten to cancel, and they'll probably send out somebody to replace the box for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

pick one up on ebay for €30 - €40...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

norbert64 wrote: »
    your options are limited, TBH.

you could try bluffing your way through the cancellation process with them and see what they'll offer you.

otherwise, you could actually legitmately cancel, then resign up for the €49 deal with a different name/number.

or your 3rd option is to look for a cheap 2nd hand digibox on ebay/adverts/buyandsell and set that up.

The Sky + offer is not offered to ex sky users also. I tried and was refused, so its now going into the wife's name. No more UPC in two weeks!!:D:D

Advertisement