Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bovinity

Options
  • 19-07-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I know that people on here are very split when it comes to Tommy Tiernan but I went to see his new show last night and it was the funniest gig I ever attended.

Was anyone else there? What did you think?

At the start of the show a couple of lads in front of the stage identified themselves as News of the World journalist and Tommy threw a pint of lucozade and a bottle of water over them (revenge for Madeleine McCann story).
    Thought there was going to be digs thrown, but then the lads revealed they where only messin'. They were soaked. What did people think of this incident (if you were there)

Jarvis:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

was it not revenge for the Downe's Syndrome sketch he did and the following craze the notw (+others) created and slated him over?

saw it a few months ago and yea it was top class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

He was slated for that too but more recently it was about a joke about the McCann's that he did at a gig in the cat laughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saw one of the first bovinity shows. Gotta admit Tommy has gone down quite a bit in recent years. Half the show just wasn't funny. His first two shows (the ones on DVD anyway) were far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i completely agree with galvasean, in the cold hard, sober light of day, the new show just doesnt stand up (excuse the pun) to other comedians...or even tommys old stuff! i think complacency has kicked in, in a big way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

While I agree in part with Galvasean, especially about his first DVD. I thought Bovinty was a return to form to a degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    While I agree in part with Galvasean, especially about his first DVD. I thought Bovinty was a return to form to a degree.

well loose was a serious dip in form for tommy so he couldnt have gone much lower by his own standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Went to his gig in the Iveagh Gardens last night and walked out after half an hour. It was him and Hector doing their live radio show. Absolute crap. They had a band on and then a ex-heroin addict from Ballymun talking about drugs.
    Loved his last two dvd's but last night was pure shi*e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TechieEddy wrote: »
    Went to his gig in the Iveagh Gardens last night and walked out after half an hour. It was him and Hector doing their live radio show. Absolute crap. They had a band on and then a ex-heroin addict from Ballymun talking about drugs.

Ive heard the podcast off the radio show they are playing off and that is also terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

their radio show is a travesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

TechieEddy wrote: »

Surely going to anything that involves Hector is guaranteed to be ****e?

• Advertisement
Advertisement