Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA - 5x2 - The Seed [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 19-07-2008 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

the_seed.jpg
    The team removes Beckett from stasis to help out in a dangerous situation.

What did you think of 5x2 The Seed? 26 votes

A for Asguard
    0%
    Good
    3%
    Thor 1 vote
    McKay
    50%
    Mr EGerardKeatingjor elSuaimhneachUser45701KiithSherifuDingChavezalastair_doom1huge1IompairMahatma coatCraigmagu 13 votes
    Bad
    38%
    VenomVolvagiaPugsleybada_bingJIZZLORDJ-blkRon DMCthe_manchineNiskatoken56 10 votes
    I cried.
    7%
    growlerDr Bob 2 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

worst episode ever.

well i actually haven't watched it, but after 5x01 I feel confident in trashing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McKay
    worst episode ever.

well i actually haven't watched it, but after 5x01 I feel confident in trashing it.
    You suck!

17 minutes in and it's decent enough so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,929 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

it was just so-so from me. nice to learn about
    Hive Ship creation
    but the episode just seemed dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So-so for me as well,
    with yet another mystery virus
    , although good to see Woolsey at work. In my view he offers a lot more than Tapping. I suspect the episode was built around the need to show him facing a real world challenge as commander
    as well as sorting out the "Carson in the fridge" problem
    and with that I think it worked. I am hoping that the minimum spend on effects means a few more high octane episodes this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

McKay
    twas alright,

turns out it was a Case of the HIVES after all :D

a lot of the story seems to be being rushed along, wouldnt be surprised if we see the first of the big budget arc builder episodes in the next few weeks, a lot of the group dynamics seem to be under review, Zalenka is gettin more decision makin power, I would guess that Wolsley will attempt to curtail Tayla's access to the base, an probably make Ronon wear a uniform.

according to future spoilers Micheal and Todd are poised to cause problems for the Atlantis team, so that might spice things up a bit,

also was anyone else dissapointed that Dr Kellar SURVIVED, would have been a nice intro to Carson's return :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

McKay
    my theroy (and i i say theroy) its just my guess, ive read about fututure episodes but none of them have said this, t his is just my theroy on what is happening, allot of the fillers this season sound like a bit more... i suspect that
    michael
    is on atlantis, because it would explain how he got there undetected (jumper from 501) also some of the future stories would make more sense if he was on atlantis. He could just be hiding making his way around conducting experements.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'Twas okay.

It looked a little cheap (the organism that was meant to growing from Kaylee didn't really look like it was attached to her) and it didn't reall reel me in. There were some nice elements - Carson back for a bit for example but overall a little bit of a letdown.
    As an introduction to Wolsey's reign it was fairly effective, but I was a bit disappointed at how quickly he didn't play by the rules. I'm hoping that his little "the rules are there for a reason" speech will mean he'll take a tougher attitude in future - we need to see his command distinguish itself from Weir's and Carter's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Bad
    was an okay episode, it didn't get me too excited.

Wolsey was pretty good. Although it looks like they might do what they did towards the end of SG-1 with RDA where they refer to an off screen character every now and then so it seems like they are still in the show. (they mentioned Carter twice this time around I think)

I think it would have been much better if Shepard had of pulled the trigger at the end, but i guess that just isn't really the Atlantis style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

McKay
    I enjoyed it more than i usually would have, because with 2 doctors around, i thought there was a real chance of one of them dying. Added a bit of real peril compared to these standard filler eps where you know everything will be the same at the end as the start.

Didnt like:
    Part with the jumper seemed pretty dumb.
    The cure seemed to just appear 10 minutes from the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Bad
    I agree with the jumper bit being stupid. If the Dedalus was still around, couldn't they have just beamed Shephard and Ronan in?

Overall, it was ok as episodes go, nothing too great though. Hopefully the season in general will pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

McKay
    also was anyone else dissapointed that Dr Kellar SURVIVED, would have been a nice intro to Carson's return :D

Yep, I thought that was going to happen as soon as KayleeKellar got sick. Really looked forward to Carson returning permanently too.
    User45701 wrote: »
    i suspect that
    michael
    is on atlantis, because it would explain how he got there undetected (jumper from 501) also some of the future stories would make more sense if he was on atlantis. He could just be hiding making his way around conducting experements.

Hmm, very interesting. Could be a real possibility.

2nd episode after the season opener is usually fairly dud, for pretty much all SciFi shows. As such, this wasn't that bad.

I've been looking forward to Weir returning, but according to Wiki, Torri Higginson is not reprising the role in season 5 :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

jor el wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to Weir returning, but according to Wiki, Torri Higginson is not reprising the role in season 5 :(
    Aye, she's too pissed off with her treatment on the show to return.

McKay
    I thought this episode was good on the whole. The most thing I enjoyed was seeing Wolsey settle into his new role.
    ixoy wrote: »
    Aye, she's too pissed off with her treatment on the show to return.
    Ah cock, so we can just forget about her and the band of replicators? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

McKay
    episodes 3 & 4
    s it was my understanding she is back in episode 3? of season 5 (disembodied replicators are in the city?), also im really looking forward to episode 4 (altrernite timline episode based on the deadalus)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Eh twas so so .............show is starting to wain now and its only the 2nd Ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Bad
    User45701 wrote: »
    episodes 3 & 4
    s it was my understanding she is back in episode 3? of season 5 (disembodied replicators are in the city?), also im really looking forward to episode 4 (altrernite timline episode based on the deadalus)

She's definitely gone:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/higginson_out_for_season_five.shtml

Though I read somewhere on gateworld (but can't find it now) that they are going to pick up that replicator story line from the last Season 4 episode she was in but I think they are re-casting Weir for those (which is just wrong IMO) or somehow cutting her out of the story completely while trying to continue it... Neither is an ideal scenario, but we'll see how it pans out...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not the first time this has happened. Weir was played by Jessica Steen in SG-1 Lost City Part 1 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

There's rumour that FRAN is coming back but she's possessed by Weir or something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

McKay
    from what I gather they're morethan just disembodied Replicators, they are ASCENDED replicators.

I forgot that the Weir in SG1 wasnt the same as the Weir in SGA

I'm wonderin about the alternate Timeline/universe thing in ep 4, will the Atlantis mission be getting its own Dedalus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Bad
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Not the first time this has happened. Weir was played by Jessica Steen in SG-1 Lost City Part 1 & 2

Yep, I remember that and found it annoying during the first couple of episodes of Atlantis (I don't particularly like re-casting of major cast members) but it was not too bad as Jessica Steen was only in a couple of SG-1 episodes. I'd find a re-cast of the Weir role far more annoying now, after Torri Higginson has played the part for so long on SGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

McKay
    Personally, i hope shes just recast, and they continue with the storyline they were planning. Her comming back in the body of another person seems like the lamest plot device ever...*

*Not including that handful of Power Rangers Dino Thunder where Jason David Frank wasnt available, so they just claimed his morpher was broken, and he had to stay in costume the whole time. Also, i think he may have been invisible for one entire episode :pac: (Nephew watches it, not me )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

McKay
    (Nephew watches it, not me )

Yeah right.

I don't think a(nother) recast would be a disaster. It would be worse to leave that story, or have her in another body.

McKay
    is_that_so wrote: »
    I had forgotten about that. It kinda pissed me off a bit at the time when Atlantis started. I guess it'd be worse if they just ignored the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That was the dumbest thing since exploding tumours.

McKay
    That was the dumbest thing since exploding tumours.
    Poor Carson ;_;

Advertisement