Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good office chair anyone

Options
  • 18-07-2008 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm working from home doing development on my laptop. I have a fairly decent desk unit I'm about to assemble in a room today but can anyone recommend a decent office chair ? Right now I'm sitting at a kitchen table and it's so uncomfortable and bad for my back. I'm a big enough unit, lean build and 193cm tall or 6ft4" in the old money.

Ta :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

if no decent local office supply stores near you I would have a look at viking.ie - request a catalogue and it will give you time to look through all the options

they have a ton of different chairs that can match whatever your budget is and I believe delivery free over €50

if you plan to spend a long time at the desk I would be wary of getting a seat 'too soft and comfortable' as it could promote poor posture - ideally you should be looking for a chair that promotes decent posture

hope this helps!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a big article here on Slashdot about the finest office chairs you can get. Should give you some idea ;)

If you don't want to spend hundreds, Viking Direct is the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Thanks guys.

Advertisement