Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books about Ireland in the 1980's....

Options
  • 18-07-2008 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Any books out there concerning the state of our nation during the bad times of the 1980's?

Although I have a load to read already I'd like to get a book that covers this topic but havent heard of any.

Anyone have any info that could help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

There's a book called "Queueing for a living" by a journalist whose name I can't recall. It may even be from the early 90s but I think it might be the kind of thing you're looking for. From what I remember it is a series of case studies of people trying to get by under difficult circumstances. It may be slightly "popular" in style (but give the poor author a break as he was only probably trying to earn a few punts).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There's a book called "Queueing for a living" by a journalist whose name I can't recall.
    Paddy O'Gorman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

Diarmaid Ferriter covers that decade in excellent detail in his book 'The Transformation of Ireland 1900-2000'.

Advertisement