Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work New Zealand with BUNAC

Options
  • 18-07-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone ever used this company? I came across them in an Oz/New Zealand magazine
    http://www.bunac.org/uk/worknewzealand

What attracted me was they offer temp visas (12months) for people up to 35 years of age. I am 33 and really wanted to work in either Australia or New Zealand on the Skilled Migrant visa but dont have enough points (don't have enough work experience) so as I really want to work on that side of the world, I could do this but dont know much about it. Might give them a ring tomorrow but just want to find out if anybody used them before.

What puts me off slightly is knowing I could be around a bunch of 'mad' 18 year olds. :p I'm quite young for my age but my days of getting p!ssed every night are over!!

I'm hoping this may allow sponsorship if I get a job in the right place. A few years ago, a friend of mine who had a BA (ord) in Chemistry got temp work in a lab while on the Work Australia visa - are you able to get 'serious' type of work on this visa as opposed to casual work? I know you have to change jobs after 6 months.

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Are you sure it's all legit? I've never heard of a temporoary work visa you can get in New Zealand that will allow you to work for 3 months to two years, apart from the Working holiday visa which you can only get up to the age of 30. I'm applying for residency in NZ a the moment so have spent a lot of time looking at visa options and don't recall any other options for temp visas apart from the WHV. I know people who have wanted to stay in NZ but their WHv has ran out and they have no other way to stay here. (btw I'm on a WHV and have a "proper" job - the only limit is that you can't take permanent work, only contracts. There's plenty of work in NZ at the moment anyway) so I'd imagine if you had a visa that allowed you to work with similar restrictions you'd get a proper job too)

Maybe you should ask them the exact name of the visa they will get for you? and then check it out on the nz immigration website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.

It's pretty easy to use and will tell you more about the visas that are offered.

Do you not have enough points to get a visa in either Aus or NZ? I get the impression it's much easier to get it in NZ.

EDIT: oh, I see, they have their own special visa. I've never heard of that before but maybe it is worth investigating.

Advertisement