Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I can't find anywhere in Cork currently that seems to accept rent allowance for Disability. This is really frustrating for me as while I can't currently get a job I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with my parents.

What's the point in being entitled to it if so few landlords accept it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Ring several landlords and get talking to them and if necessary say your parents will go guarantor. They say no rent allowance as they think they are gonna get troublemakers but if the landlord talks to you and sees you are a nice non trouble/ non hassle tenant and have parents guaranteeing you then they shud rent property to you. They don't want single parents with kids who tend to be more hassle in terms of wear and tear on property and calling out landlord for every little problem in property. They also don't want people who are unemployed who may be trouble in terms antisocial behaviour.

Advertisement