Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling My Camper

Options
  • 17-07-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am thinking of using this crowd to sell my campervan www.eastcoastcampers.ie. you tell them the minimum you are willing to except and they will sell if for you plus make whatever they can themselves. Anyone on here ever buy off them or sell with them? Any ideas or toughts on doing this? Kind of scary just handing over my keys to a stranger!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Have you tried selling it yourself. I have sold two previous campers & a number of cars through Buy&Sell. Its a bit daunting at first but its easy to say "its sold" if you don't like the sound of the person on the other end. Also beware of calls from scammers telling you they have a buyer for your vehicle, just give them 150EURO. Autotrader is also good. Might be worth a try before you hand over the keys.

Unfortunatley, it may be a bad time to sell with the down turn on the economy. I have been keeping an eye on a camper on this site http://www.anchorpointmotorhomes.com/UsedStock.html . Its a 2002 Chausson with the layout we want. Back in April it was 37.5K, then in June it dropped to 34,950. Now it's down to 31.5K. I was planning to sell my '98 Hymer at the end of the Summer but now may have to hold on to it.

Hope this helps some,

Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

Yeah i was thinking the same myself about the downturn in the economy thats why i tought it would be easier selling it through an authorized dealer. i was on the phone to eastcoast campers the other day and they were saying they are wicked busy. Sure we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I stopped there once about 18 months ago and was disgusted at the state of some of what was on offer. The vans are left open and people just wander around them without the presence of a salesperson. Inside some vans was unbelievably dirty, I felt through neglect as there is no way that a seller would leave it in that condition.
    There is no way I would have bought anything from them.

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi, I dropped my 2004 Rapido 963f motorhome to East Coast Campers for them to sell a few months ago, they had the motorhome for about five weeks and they sold it for me at the agreed price, I found the staff to be good and I would recommend them to sell your motorhome. My friend has dropped his 2005 Bessacarr at East Coast Campers for sale at the moment! Best of luck with selling your motorhome! YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

My van is hired out through East Coast Campers....have found the guys to be very honest & reliable
    I have no problems doing business with them

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

i have just managed to sell my motorhome through a dealer for a huge drop in the original price. east coast campers approached me to sell my van and i like you thought it was a good idea. i called in to speak to them, they don't offer you a contract, the van is left open whenever the shop is open and there is no supervised viewing of your van so any tom, dick or harriet! can walk into you van. i live quite nearby and they don't appear to be very busy in fact last sunday week they weren't even open in the afternoon. your decision but i would approach some of the other dealers and see if they will sell it for you. i advertised everywhere and i mean everywhere for the last 7 months and unless we could do a trade in the deal fell through each time. and believe me there are quite a large number of idiots out there who agree a price with you, expect you to take the van off the market and then when it comes to handing over a deposit and/or completing the sale back out. anyway, good luck what ever you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just a question here, out of interest.

Are all you sellers getting out of motorhomes altogether (a thought that has crossed my mind after the last two "summers" we had) or are you just trading up or down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Have you seen the amount of campers for sale in Autotrader. I was thinking of selling my '98 Hymer after the summer but now planning to hang on to it. Reckon the bad summer & the recession has a lot to do with the high number of sales. When I bought my first camper about 7 years ago, there weren't that many campers around, now there are plenty. SSIA's & Celtic Tiger helped. One place where we used wild camp in Kerry used to have 2 or 3 campers at the weekend. Stayed there once for a week with only one other camper. Now, even with the bad weather, the place is full at the weekends.

I've been keeping an eye on the web site of a dealer in Tipperary who has recently heavily discounted his stock. A 2002 Chausson with the layout I like was 37,500 back in April. It dropped to 34,950 in June. Now its down to 31,500Euros. Not sure what the real price should be but, anyway, its away above my budget.

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

I've just put mine on the market - adverts.ie and gumtree... We love it so much, we want to upgrade.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

haven't gotten out of motorhomes, bought a new one under 6m so we can tow our motorbike

• Advertisement
Advertisement