Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ranelagh-donnybrook

Options
  • 17-07-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hi could anyone tell me if there is a direct bus route from ranelagh to donnybrook?? iv checked dublinbus.ie n it doesnt seem like it but jus need to double check as im going to look at somewhere to rent today.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The 18 is the nearest, I think. Goes through Ranelagh, up Appian way and then down Waterloo Rd. to Baggot Street. You'd need to get off at Appian Way and walk down Morehampton Rd. to Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

AH to be honest its a preety short walk if you go along Marlborough Rd,as far as I no though not really as bus routes kinda split apart just at Lesson St so you either get going throught ranelagh and out or going through Donnybrook and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

hi could anyone tell me if there is a direct bus route from ranelagh to donnybrook?? iv checked dublinbus.ie n it doesnt seem like it but jus need to double check as im going to look at somewhere to rent today.

thanks!

You could walk to Morehampton Road/Leeson Street (Near the Burlington Hotel) depending on what part of Ranelagh you are going from and get a bus towards Donnybrook. But to be honest, walking is possibly more practical and convenient overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Walk down Chelmsford Road and Appian Way and then directly across the road take any of the 46A/46B/145 that come along.

There is no direct bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the amount of time wasted waiting for a bus would get you there walking tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Cremo wrote: »
    Agreed. It's a very pleasant walk, that will take anywhere between 5-20 minutes depending on what exact parts of Ranelagh and Donnybrook you're talking about. If you mean the centre of the villages, I usually go via Belmont Avenue.

I'm afraid most bus routes in Dublin are radial (i.e. north-south via the city centre). I suppose you could get the 11 from Sandford Road to the end of Appian Way and walk up Morehampton Road, but really it's not going to save you any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

if you do decide to walk the DTO journey planner is very useful, check here
    http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Cremo wrote: »

Given the combined frequency of the 46A and 145, it wouldn't be very long!

But, it depends on which part of Donnybrook you're going to. If it's beyond Donnybrook Bus Garage, then get the bus as above, otherwise walk via Sandford Road and then either Marlborough Road, Belmont Avenue or Eglinton Road.

Advertisement